As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Octatrack battery low problem (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Octatrack battery low problem
Goomba
Octatrack battery low problem 11 Years, 7 Months ago
Hello to all on this forum, this is my first post
I got my octatrack a month ago and it showed "battery low" message when I first switched it on. I even contacted the customer support and by the time they contacted me back, the message "battery low" stopped appearing on the screen. Maybe because I've done a little shaking to my octatrack (or so I thought, it was a rather light shake). However, now, the message appears every time I turn it on and shaking does not help at all.
I will eventually send it back to Elektron for repair, but I have a gig on Electronic Beats festival this month and I would like to perform with it.

Question is: what if battery totally drains out, will I be able to do the gig? It seems to me that low battery is just inconvenience when turning the Octatrack on. Does it affect Octatrack performance in any other way?
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Interesting Rhythmic Devices That Seem To Counterpoint The Surrealism Of The Underlying Metaphor. DA RIP
Re:Octatrack battery low problem 11 Years, 7 Months ago
According to the manual the battery supplies power for parts & pattern memory so make sure you keep your project backed up. The battery will most likely be lithium & typically they last 6 -10 years so I find it hard to believe yours has died already under normal use. Could be a short, or it could be a faulty part? If you do lose pattern data after switching off then that would suggest a loose connection/dry joint!
I would have thought that as long as you back up before powering off you'll be ok doing a show, just reload to be on the safe side & don't power off after soundcheck to be on the safe side.
Definitely get hold of support tho, its under warranty so no problem getting it sorted. If you bought from a store they may swap it if they have another in stock. Good luck
ark
Chain Chomp
Unlike the Machinedrum and the Monomachine, the Octatrack has a user-replaceable battery that is held in place in a socket with a clip. I had a similar problem with my Octatrack, and after I removed the battery cleaned it, and put it back, I haven't had the problem since.
Cappy
Remove the sd card & put it back. Should work.
Chain Chomp
Interesting Rhythmic Devices That Seem To Counterpoint The Surrealism Of The Underlying Metaphor. DA RIP
ark wrote:
Unlike the Machinedrum and the Monomachine, the Octatrack has a user-replaceable battery that is held in place in a socket with a clip.

I didnt know that, thanks for sharing
Yeah could be as simple as cleaning the contacts & making sure its a snug fit, fingers crossed
Goomba
Thank you all for your replies. I would definitely replace the battery myself. I even wouldn't be afraid to open the machine because I am an electrical engineer (but not working in the field for last 10 years), but if I do so, wouldn't I void the warranty? Then, if the problem is not so simple I would end up in problems.

Yes, the machine is loosing my work every time when I turn it off. If that is the only problem I will do my gig with this machine, and then send it for repair.
i noticed the low battery message this morning. will try the card removal trick first...
ark
Chain Chomp
kimikaza wrote:
I even wouldn't be afraid to open the machine because I am an electrical engineer (but not working in the field for last 10 years), but if I do so, wouldn't I void the warranty?
I asked Elektron for permission first and got it. I don't know if they were just being nice to me, or if they figured it would be easier for them than having to deal with a warranty service claim.

It's very easy to open if you have any significant experience with electronics. The only tool you need is an appropriately sized metric hex wrench.
jerome pacman wrote:
Remove the sd card & put it back. Should work.

this totally worked. not sure if i ever removed the CF card before. i could swear my projects are now loading faster too
Chain Chomp
Re:Octatrack battery low problem 11 Years, 6 Months ago
I just got this.
1st time i've dropped all power to the studio for months so maybe not leaving power to the psu is a trigger???

Anyway, removed the battery for 30 secs, popped it back in, all good.
Interestingly it metered at 3.4 volts, so no issue there.

Part No incidentally is
Panasonic CR2450 3V

Back to music making
Cheers
Go to top Post Reply