As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Monomachine and Machinedrum. What microprocessor?? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Monomachine and Machinedrum. What microprocessor??
Boo
Monomachine and Machinedrum. What microprocessor?? 14 Years, 1 Month ago
There really is no relevance in this question, but I'm just plain ol' curious.

What microprocessor do Elektron's products run on?? Anybody know??
  The topic has been locked.
Re:Monomachine and Machinedrum. What microprocessor?? 14 Years, 1 Month ago
Good question! I don't doubt that there are a couple standard DSPs on each machine. I thought I heard "Motorola" at one point, but can't be sure because I haven't opened mine up.

Sorry, just a guess then.
Killer Beez
Re:Monomachine and Machinedrum. What microprocessor?? 14 Years, 1 Month ago
It's Motorola. SFX-6 has two Motorola DSP 56303s with one Motorola Coldfire 56206e for the operating system. MD probably has same processors and MKII versions have probably an upgraded versions of the same processors.

As interesting as it is to know brand and power of DSPs within the Elektron-gear, one cannot make any good estimations or judgement of that information alone. Raw power doesn't equal with quality and that is also why synthmakers and such are not very interested to advertise their product with the chips they contain. Good example of this are some of the best modelled vst-plugs which still take just a fraqment of processor-power of modern computers. Some other plugs can eat a whole lot more, but will not sound better at all. So it's a question of quality, not quantity. Of course, raw power means something, but it's not most important factor. Imho, of course.
Go to top Post Reply