As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear minicommand synth md.... hooking up is possible??? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: minicommand synth md.... hooking up is possible???
Flo
Chain Chomp
minicommand synth md.... hooking up is possible??? 12 Years, 7 Months ago
hello at all...
just a little question:
i think i have read that you can only use the mini command with the md alone, if not there are midi problem... Is it exact???
I mainly look at this in order to have direct control on reverb and delay, i have done a sysex patch by the past for this in the novation compact remote, but i am now after a more compact controller.
i have too hook up : md, 2xshruthi, sammich sid...and the mini command... Is this possible without midi problems??? thanks
  The topic has been locked.
Flo
Chain Chomp
Re:minicommand synth md.... hooking up is possible??? 12 Years, 7 Months ago
by the way anyone know a very compact controller which can send sysex???
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
The MiniCommand can (in theory) be used with any MIDI device, as its operating system is open source. As long as you can write code, you can tailor its function to your needs. (It can be used with the MnM for example, R&W have created firmwares for this.)

I don't code, but are you familiar with the Arduino environment? I can try to find a few links for you if you haven't explored the R&W site yet.

I have no idea how easy t would be to incorporate the MC into the Shruthi/Sammich setup you describe, but you might try emailing Manuel at R&W. He's usually pretty busy but he might be able to help.

By the way, that's a great setup with your 2 Shruthis, hope you'll post some music made with it soon
Chain Chomp
PEACE
Not sure if this answers your question. I am using the minicommand in a chain with other hardware. You might want to look into this for more info:
http://redmine.ruinwesen.com/projects/midi-ctrl/wiki/User_Manual_-_Getting_started#Connecting+the+MiniCommand+to+a+MachineDrum%2FMonoMachine+and+an+additional+synthesizer
Flo
Chain Chomp
thanks for you replies... my question was in the way rennweg understand it... So the synth has to have at least midi thru to be ok.. What if you have 3 synth, daisy chaining by midi thru??? it's ok or not reliable???
Chain Chomp
PEACE
The Kenton MIDI THRU 5 might be a possible option to think about:
http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Kenton-MIDI-THRU-5-Midiverteiler/art-PCM0009610-000

The Kenton MIDI MERGE 4 Midi Merger summs 1-4 signals and outputs them on 2 midi outputs.
http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Kenton-MIDI-MERGE-4-Aktiver-Midi-Merger/art-SYN0003714-000

Those two are good to have to achieve complex midi setups generally.
Go to top Post Reply