As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Clear lots of trigless locks at once in Octatrack (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Clear lots of trigless locks at once in Octatrack
Goomba
Clear lots of trigless locks at once in Octatrack 11 Years, 5 Months ago
Hello

Does anybody know how to clear a lot of trigless locks at once (the half-bright green ones) without clearing other trigs in a pattern in Octatrack?

Clearing a 63-steps-trigless-lock-pattern in a live performance trig by trig takes forever.

Thanks for any suggestions.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
http://venndiagram.ca
Maschine
Monomachine SFX60+ Mk II
Machine SPS1-UW
Analog Four
Octoatrack
Nord Modular G1
Evolver
Korg Z1
Spectralis 2
Re:Clear lots of trigless locks at once in Octatrack 11 Years, 5 Months ago
I don't an OT but isn't that the concept behind scenes on the OT.
Keep one scene how the original is - have the rest for variation / tweaks etc then if you get super tweaky in a live performance you can go back to the scene that resembles the original pattern first ?
I may be totally off base here as I have only ever messed with an OT in a store twice and read the manual a couple of times.
If I am totally wrong I apologize and hand it over to the OT users here who actually know what they're talking about.
Goomba
Hi
Thanks Venndiagram, it's a possible answer and a quick way to do it, but I'm still not convinced of it, because there a lot of ways to clear trigs, but it seems this one (clearing trigless locks) is missing? I don't know, really.

Are there other experienced OT users who are looking for a quick way to clear a lot of trigless trigs?

Looking forward to more suggestions. Thanks.
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
you got track-clear..
as in go into record mode.. and press function+play..

that should empty the current track of ALL triggers.. which could be a problem.
but it doesnt have to be..

dont know a way to only kill trigless trigs, though..
Goomba
Thanks Dreamer. But clearing a whole track during live performance is not cool. I don't really want to re-enter a new set of parameter tweaks over an already tweaked sound. A quick way to clear only the trigless locks would be great, so you can hear the re-entered tweaking sound much better.

Is this maybe a feature request for elektron? What are the thoughts of elektron?

Looking forward to more possible answers. Thank you.
Chain Chomp
"To remove only parameter locks in real time, press and hold [FUNCTION] + [EXIT/NO]. All trigs hit by the running LED of the sequencer will be erased from the active track. Sample locks will however not be erased."

"Remove specific parameter locks in real time by pressing [EXIT/NO] while pressing the
DATA ENTRY knob corresponding to the parameter that should be removed."

Those work?

The other thing you could do is save the part before using trigless trigs and then reload. If you have enough patterns free you could also make one blank and then copy it to a new one, record trigless trigs, then switch back to the blank one. If you wanted to enter more trigless trigs you could copy the blank pattern again and overwrite the other one, or start a new one.
Chain Chomp
Interesting Rhythmic Devices That Seem To Counterpoint The Surrealism Of The Underlying Metaphor. DA RIP
Maybe a future os will have Trig mutes ala the A4? Be cool!!!
Goomba
jonah wrote:
"To remove only parameter locks in real time, press and hold [FUNCTION] + [EXIT/NO]. All trigs hit by the running LED of the sequencer will be erased from the active track. Sample locks will however not be erased."

"Remove specific parameter locks in real time by pressing [EXIT/NO] while pressing the
DATA ENTRY knob corresponding to the parameter that should be removed."

Those work?

Hi Jonah

Both methods you've mentioned are working. I've just tested it and had the following experience.

There are three things to consider:
1. You've to be in LIVE RECORDING mode
2. You've to hold down both buttons (in both cases) as long as the pattern is running, if you want to remove all of them. All trigless locks are remaining and are steady half-green light (no parameters tweaking happening anymore).
3. Releasing or pressing those buttons at any point of the pattern will remove only those during the press/release time. The trigless locks still remain on the sequencer steps, but some are flashing (still have some parameter tweaking happening) and some are steady half-green (meaning that they don't trigger any parameters).

Wouldn't it be great if you could double press those buttons combinations to remove all of them at once?

As you said later in your post, copying into new patterns or parts is another possibility. Thank you.
Goomba
Hi Bluewolf
Muting the trigs or double pressing a button/knob combination would be great. Let's see what will Elektron come up with.
Go to top Post Reply