As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Machinedrum, can the sounds be played Chromatic? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Machinedrum, can the sounds be played Chromatic?
Cappy
Machinedrum, can the sounds be played Chromatic? 11 Years, 2 Months ago
I dont know if this has been covered already, but can the individual sounds on the MD be played chromatically?
I have played with the Dave Smith Tempest, and you can play the sounds chromatically on the 16 pads...any way that can be done on the MD?
I know I could somehow get results with the parameter lock of the pitch....but its more involved than the tempest, where with a simple click of a button I get 16 tunes of the selected sound
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:Machinedrum, can the sounds be played Chromatic? 11 Years, 2 Months ago
It can be done with a small device by ruin & wesen called the minicommand. Not so easy without it...
Chain Chomp
if you have an OS X computer you can use this little app i've written: http://cl.ly/0B2C3O2h1M00

it works with most TRX and EFM machines, but only with live input, you can't seem to properly live-record pitches as p-locks with the MD(?).

you need a closed-looped MIDI connection to your computer and set the proper devices in the app. then make a kit with some e.g. EFM machines, and SAVE it. then hit "get current kit" in the app, after that you should be able to play the selected track chromatically, or activate the "cycle tracks" checkbox for poly mode.
Cappy
I made a MaxForLive-patch some years ago that plays most of the "tune-able" machines in 4 voice poly using the M1-4 tracks.
It's not as automatic as VOID's app sounds, but it works within Live (if you've got MaxForLive).

If anyone is interested I be happy to check up on it? (the UI could use a little brush-up)
Cappy
I guess the minicommand controller is the most straight forward way of doing this...i wonder why Elektron never implemented this function.
Go to top Post Reply