As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Your Music Re:Monojazz - Diggin' Deeper (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Monojazz - Diggin' Deeper
Game & Watch
Monojazz - Diggin' Deeper 14 Years, 5 Months ago
Enough Surface Scratching

Started a new serie of Monomachine MKII tracks only called Diggin' Deeper.

First track is Monojazz, one pattern, 7 kits, 3/4 timing and extensive use of song mode and some unusual live manipulations. Recorded straight out to Soundforge, no further edits.

Listen on Soundcloud here.
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
Re:Monojazz - Diggin' Deeper 14 Years, 5 Months ago
this is really hypnotic and engaging eminor. there are some sounds in here that don't sound MnM ish. i like.

this is one of those tracks that i think could work well with the BIG daw treatment. for instance, a big BD and rhythm drop somewhere and some pads and xtra rhythm tracks... a fully post production track. even if not though, nice work.
Game & Watch
Hey this is really good em9! It took me a couple of listens to settle into the track, but once I got there I really enjoyed the thereminesque leads, the repetitive theme that glued it together and the groove that moved in unusual ways and had an almost tribal feel at times. Looking forward to the next installment.
Game & Watch
Thanks gentlemen!
I realize this is not the most accesible stuff there is, but I put quite some time and energy in this one - still lot of improvements to be done - and this is also the reason why feedback is much appreciated. Been enjoying a lot the direction I'm going and happy to see the Elektrons can take you to territories that are not immediately expected.
Yoshi
MDUW MKII + MnM MKII + OT DPS-1
http://soundcloud.com/earsmack
Very nice - would love to hear about how you used song mode - did you use it arrange the tune and then tweak over top of it as it played through the arrangement?

I use song mode but mostly for arrangement for live performance of tunes with some minimal tweaking over top or other live synth work over top. I'm always looking for new tricks though.

This is cool!
Game & Watch
Thanks Earsmack.
Basically it's just one pattern, copied to different locations and kts severely modified (7 different in total, but in reality you have 3 drastic different ones and the rest are 'transition' patterns with a cocktail of the major ones). Then it was 'glued' in song mode. I didn't tweak anything during the playing/recording process, delays and reverbs are all LFO's, alll I did was stop/start the sequencer for the syncopation of the drums - most other stuff are arps so they keep running while the drums can be started/stopped whenever you wish.

Enough secrets sharing for now.
Admin
after a few subsequent listens and your explanation, this makes more sense. thanks a bunch for sharing. really enjoying.
Admin
tIB was here
Need to go through this again with decent cans on but I enjoyed this first time through, definitely sucked me in with its hypnotic feel. the lead around 0.52 reminds me of the screams I got out of the mnm recently.
Like Tony the Tiger says -----------> Grrrreat ---> I cant wait until I reach the level of "know how" to be able pull this kinda stuff outta my tool box
Cappy
usually keep quiet and just listen ... great track, awesome drums, 1 Pattern!!

best mono only track i think ive heard to date

" Diggin' " it BIG time
Go to top Post Reply