As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:Sequentix Cirklon????? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Sequentix Cirklon?????
Hammer Bro
Re:Sequentix Cirklon????? 13 Years ago
Just got an email, they have started shipping

I have been allocated serial number 089 so may be in for a bit of a wait.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
I have a low serial number been told there is a chance I will receive tomorrow (I offered to pay for sat shipping). I have everything in my body crossed I will receive as currently I have nothing on this weekend and everything on for the next 4 weekends!! Expecting an email confirming dispatch today.
I shall of course post first impressions once I have received but needless to say I imagine it is going to be fantastic.

Where are you bob btw? Reading based here...
Soooooooooo jealous! Will be looking forward to you both posting some feedback on here.
Hammer Bro
I'm down on the south coast near Hastings.

I used to live in Reading though, Bear Wharf by the canal next to the Loch Fyne restaurant.

Small world eh!
Goomba
BobTheDog wrote:
Just got an email, they have started shipping

I have been allocated serial number 089 so may be in for a bit of a wait.

The email I received suggested it could be late May/early June for my Cirklon.
Chain Chomp
a small price to pay for in my opinion what might be the best sequencer around. I can't chuffin wait.
I know the place bob..small world indeed. Let me know if you're ever back this way and wanting a jam...2 cirklons?!
Hammer Bro
Thanks for the invite, will do if i am up that way.

Post some info when you get it for me to salivate over
Chain Chomp
Well I received my cirklon over the weekend and first impressions are fantastic. I think this (like elektron gear) is going to keep me busy for a great many years.

Build quality is top notch and it’s the little user-work flow implementations that amaze me. Some are demonstrated in the user vids Colin posted such as the ability to hold down to encoders to create ramps between the two – making things like a velocity increases a doddle and also the gang function to latch together patterns of steps is very handy. Despite coming with no manual (only some brief notes) I’ve got my head round how most functions work (I think) although I’ve yet to scratch the surface really on aux values and inter-track modulations which is obviously where the cirklon excels. The nice large display really helps with this and the clickable encoders select drop-down menus.
Everything is done without stopping the sequencer and the drum grid mode is great for er..drums. I’m now using this to sequence my 808 (which luckily has midi-in) – This is going to save me a the grief of using the 808 sequencer and will no-doubt increase the lifespan as buttons presses will be non-existant! Yay!

I’ve yet to use the USB midi (which provides a further 6 midi out/in ports) although did find that it came with a driver device problem when I plugged it in. I was in touch with Colin on Saturday and he returned an updated OS built (which fixed) within 20 minutes of discovering it. Bloody impressive and I haven’t encountered any other glitches or bugs in the time I’ve had. Needless to say this week is looking busy already but I hope to get some free time to record some jams which I’ll post here.

Anyway, if anyone is wondering whether it’s worth the price….from initial reaction absolutely (in my opinion). This will now be the centre of the studio – and with the USB midi when I can be assed to turn on my computer it will be sequencing that too. I’ll also use to play some samples in the octatrack chromatically I’d imagine. The possibilities are kind of endless with the cirklon.
Hammer Bro
Sounding good

Counting down the days for mine....
@Gosh: great stuff. Keep it coming.
Go to top Post Reply