As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:SynthEdit (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:SynthEdit
Hero of Winds
SynthEdit 16 Years, 2 Months ago
Hi,
Does anybody here use SynthEdit? It's pretty much the poor man's Reaktor but I find it easier to use and I can get much better results out of it within minutes than what I could with hours on Reaktor.
I'm using it to do the lushest stuff with the Machinedrum - I've just made a patch where you can sequence a pattern in sync with random MIDI CC changes... It's just a bit... well... LUSH!
Everybody here should download it (www.synthedit.com) and at least have a play around with it. I'll try and post a load of patches soon, you all really need to check some of this stuff out.
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
Re:SynthEdit 16 Years, 2 Months ago
i have always been intrigued by SynthEdit, but it's XP only. waters i try to avoid

looks super rad though. i have heard many good things about it. i suppose i'll stick to max/msp & reaktor.
Hero of Winds
actuel wrote:
i have always been intrigued by SynthEdit, but it's XP only. waters i try to avoid
You using a Mac then? SynthEdit's one of the main reasons why I wouldn't switch to Mac hehe.

There's versions dating all the way back to Win 98 for any oldschool PC users lol.
Game & Watch
try synthmaker...much more powerful than synth edit, better interfase, export VST and standalone projects

http://synthmaker.co.uk/
Hero of Winds
...But it isn't free is it.
Game & Watch
you can´t have all
I used to love f*kin around with SynthEdit back in the '98 days. Of course, it was just an experiment back then, but if you look at some of the more creative plugins today, a lot of them have been made with SE. (I have no facts to back that up.)

Anyway, when I was into it, I made "noun_verb": a reverb, modulated delay, limiter/saturator.

+It has separate delay lines that can be ganged or separate
+Delay time is something like 1 sample to 5 seconds (a divide setting helps with fine control)
+Delay feedback has a lowpass control
+Low delay times and some modulation make for a nice flange effect
+Asynchronous limiting/saturation (separate control for low and high limit)

I think it's a pretty good effect.

If you want to dl it, go here:
http://www.glitched.org/files/noun_verb.zip

By the way, glitch.tech.nu is not my domain anymore...I have to try to find my synthedit stuff so I can fix the front end.

Enjoy.
Hero of Winds
Sounds interesting, downloaded!
Hero of Winds
That sh*t is bananas!

Do you have an exported VST version? (I realize that the front-end can be the most time-consuming part.)

Looks like I have to start looking at SE again.
Go to top Post Reply