As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Ikea to the rescue (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Ikea to the rescue
Chain Chomp
MDuw mkI/Octatrack/Analog Four/TT-303/Vermona Kick Lancet/Eurorack Modular System/Monotribe/Monotron Delay/Monotron
Ikea to the rescue 15 Years, 2 Months ago
I know most here probably already know of this, i'm sure some don't. I got this little bedside table from Ikea yesterday, and it's the perfect size for rack gear.

Its' the RAST bedside table. $15. I think Ikea has a secret gearslut working for their design team.
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Re:Ikea to the rescue 15 Years, 2 Months ago
so did you just get the metal rack things and screwn them into the wood?
Chain Chomp
MDuw mkI/Octatrack/Analog Four/TT-303/Vermona Kick Lancet/Eurorack Modular System/Monotribe/Monotron Delay/Monotron
Yeah, i've had the rails for years. It's fairly soft wood, so it was pretty easy.
Admin
tIB was here
Ha! I used to have one of these when I was a student, cost me 3 quid... if Id have known then what I know now Id have saved it and saved another 3 pound outlay!

Great tip.
Rew
Chain Chomp
huh. how bout that! pretty neat

how many spaces is that? 6 or 7?

Also would look good with a coat of primer and some nice glossy paint.
Chain Chomp
6 spaces.
Goomba
If you remove the top and bottom wooden pieces... move them north and south slightly... drill replacement holes for the allen key screws... you can get 9 spaces out of this puppy.

Steve
i just got back from ikea w/ two the RAST night tables. $14.95 each. they have like 30 of them or so. i think i did buy the last two sets of 8 space rack ears from portland music co. though. you can fit 8 spaces in there if you relocate that bottom shelf to a lower position.
the other cheap rack solution is a metal slant rack w/open back. those are pretty cheap. 12 spaces and can be found locally usually..

i have one of these in my garage if anyone in PDX wants to make me an offer? i bought it used several years ago. fits a ton of rack gear and rolls around.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SRK/
Re:Ikea to the rescue 14 Years, 4 Months ago
anyone recall the name of the little metal ikea slant shelf things? the cheap ones w/the holes in them you can set on a desktop and then have your machines slanted? can't find it. forgot the name..
Go to top Post Reply