As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:New Keboard Synth "Accelerator" from Radikal (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:New Keboard Synth "Accelerator" from Radikal
Killer Beez
New Keboard Synth "Accelerator" from Radikal 14 Years, 1 Month ago
Just recently announced and showing soon at Musikmesse, a new synth from the makers of the Spectralis.
I am guessing this will be a quality machine (If they ever finish the OS, lol)

Accelerator is coming! During the last three months we spent all our time into a complete new product. We are proud to present our first keyboard synthesizer. The brand new "Accelerator" combines key features from the Spectralis Hybrid engine and combines them with new developed digital filters. The digital filters can be set to 12dB and 24dB and work in Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass and Notch configurations. The Accelerator sports two of these filters per voice and will have eight voice polyphony in the standard configuration but can be upgraded to even more voices with an additional DSP expansion board. Each voice has 3 oscillators with our very special time linearity modulation (TLM), Phase modulation, oscillator synchronisation and sweeping waveforms. The oscillators can be mixed independently into the two filters.
The keyboard has 61 weighted keys, aftertouch and of course velocity. The synthesizer has a built in step sequencer for notes and parameter automation. Two built in FX and an Arpeggiator are rounding up our package. And yes - it's a real Radikal. So it comes with some LFOs and envelopes more than other synths and to get most out of all the nice features the Accelerator has a modulation matrix. Also the modulation depths are Radikal as usual.

Beside all these key features we are very happy to announce, that our new baby comes with something very special - a motion sensor. The keyboard can control multiple parameters just by movements. If you lit the keyboard up on one side, you can control the oscillator pitch or the filter frequency as an example. It's a very cool feature for stunning live performances. If you are already interested into our new offering you should spend some time in a body building studio

The Accelerator also has external inputs that are fed into additional stereo filters. Just hook up your Spectralis to the keyboard and control the pattern selection with the masterkeyboard functions of the Accelerator.

The basic configuration of the Accelerator can create two different sounds at a time. The DSP expansion allows for Multimode with up to 8 independent parts and sounds.

At the Musikmesse we will present not just a dummy but a full working beast with a very warm and rhich sound. I am looking forward to see you there.

Visit us at hall 5.1, boothnumber C47. You may wonder about the booth number as it is the same like Moog. EMC, the german distribution for Radikal and Moog does a shared booth.

http://www.spectralis.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1717
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
Re:New Keboard Synth "Accelerator" from Radikal 14 Years, 1 Month ago
will be interesting to see how it sounds and is priced compared to a virus.
Game & Watch
Interesting to watch, but I was disappointed they aren't using the analog filter from the Spectralis, which sounds so damn good.
Yoshi
http://www.myspace.com/ido3
really should upload some more recent tunes but there you go
Going to be very few early adopters

Weighted keys like piano style? semi weighted i bet.
Game & Watch
zoot wrote:
Going to be very few early adopters

Weighted keys like piano style? semi weighted i bet.

Yeah, I figured they must mean semi. A synth with weighted keys would be kinda weird.
Hammer Bro
www.soundcloud.com/highsage
Detroit Techno, from Vinyl to Live Performances and everything in between. Elektron Fanatic.
*yawn*
yeah, why would they EVEN mess with the voice architecture of the spectralis? Best sounding filters like evar?

Weighted?? Roland D-beam technology? Are they kidding?

Nothing from the EU should come with a D-beam...nothing.
Killer Beez
Im pretty sure its a tilt sensor or "accelerometer " of some sort. It was mentioned that it would be a work out to use. Regardless this seems a strange thing to put in a huge synth...
I have no doubt that it is going to sound good, and you never know what goodies might be being saved forthe official unveilling.
Cappy
Re:New Keboard Synth 14 Years, 1 Month ago
gurulogic wrote:
Im pretty sure its a tilt sensor or "accelerometer " of some sort.

That was what I took away from it. It seems like a half-assed gimmick to me. I'm sure the synth will sound good, though.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Sweet, now i just have to wait 7 years for it to get out of Beta.
D-Beam. Yeah.
Sounds kind of d-baggy to me.
Go to top Post Reply