As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re:Next Level 2010 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Next Level 2010
Game & Watch
Next Level 2010 13 Years, 3 Months ago
Hi everyone - you might recall about a year ago that I was keeping a tip sheet for myself throughout 2009 for the MD and MNM. I then decided to share it and hence the Next Level file was born.

I have still been keeping track of the tips and hence I've revised and updated my Elektron compendium that I did about a year ago. Unfortunately it looks like the old free web hosting site I was using bit the dust at the end of 2010. So I have had to move it to a new location. It's in PDF format and is about twice as long as last year's version. Download it at http://musicbycatabolic.tripod.com/

There are a lot of great tips in the forums, but this guide tends to focus on more of the advanced tips because a lot of the great basic tips have become widely known due to other people's guides (e.g., Tarekith and Wesen's MD guides and TiBs Monomachine guide - also Tarekith did a Mono guide a few months ago).

With any luck I will still be keeping track of the tips this year and hence more editions to come.

Enjoy and I hope you get to the in all your musical endeavors.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:Next Level 2010 13 Years, 3 Months ago
This is great! Thanks a lot!
Hammer Bro
Thanks for this!
Game & Watch
Cheers for that, spotted one already I didn't know about.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Nice one!
King Koopa
Just printed
Thanks
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
Thanks for the update Veets...I've been working my way through your '09 version for the past couple of months, and this will be a welcome new set of tricks to explore
Game & Watch
Thanks everyone.

dubathonic wrote:
Thanks for the update Veets...I've been working my way through your '09 version for the past couple of months, and this will be a welcome new set of tricks to explore

Cool - glad to hear. I have to do that myself. Some of those tricks are wild! There's a lot of SuperArp power stuff that I gotta check out.

PS - if there are any great tips/tricks you think I missed, by all means send them to me for later editions. I don't read the forums every day so I know I have missed some, maybe a lot of them.
Cappy
The Artist Formerly Known as Augment
http://soundcloud.com/endling
That's really awesome. Thanks!

I got a chuckle while reading it; I was browsing through and came across a part about the Monomachine's filter tracking and was like "This guy's got the right idea!" and then saw it was me who wrote it a year ago.

Although the truly funny part is I've completely forgotten my own advice and have forgot to alter my filter tracking settings for each kit that I've made in the last few months.
Go to top Post Reply