As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge EU Album: Collaboration thread (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: EU Album: Collaboration thread
Admin
tIB was here
EU Album: Collaboration thread 14 Years, 4 Months ago
Hello!

Use this thread as an opportunity to seek out collaborative partners, trios or whatever... as mentioned in the concept thread we are encouraging collaboration for this project and the selection comittee will take collaboration into account when working on the final track selection.

It might be an idea to express your interest in collaborating here if you are looking for a collaborator along with the style(s) you prefer to work in.

Alternatively feel free to make your own links with forum members... start shooting out some PM's.
  The topic has been locked.
Yoshi
MDUW MKII + MnM MKII + OT DPS-1
http://soundcloud.com/earsmack
Re:EU Album: Collaboration thread 14 Years, 4 Months ago
Would love to do some ambient-style with a little glitch if anyone is interested - ala Cepia, Loscil, Lusine ICL, etc. Thinking a Feb time-frame for the writing. Let me know...
Earsmack -- I'm game. Hit me up if you're interested.
Admin
Hi everyone, it's great witnessing the enthusiasm for the the chosen concept around here!

Here's a little list of things to think about (or not) when presenting yourself as a collaboration partner:

what would you consider your musical/compositional/programming strengths?

what would you consider your musical/compositional/programming weaknesses?

What, if any, is your preferred style of music?

Are there any practical implications that might be useful for potential collaborators to know about (preferred working methods, DAW/platform, MD/MNM/other, time restricitions etc)
Boo
Vangelis seeks AphexTwin

Smooth synth geek wltm drum percussive oriented glitch guru for some mnm/md fun.

Give me patterns to plug into my MD and I'll make us some sweet muzak.

Preferred working method would be to send the a MD file and I can send you an MnM file to play with. We can both do mixes and edit them together.

Influences:

BOC, Bibio, autechre, The Field, electrpop.

More chilled than thrilled.
Admin
I'm up for a collaboration.

I'm looking for someone with better arranging skills than me, and who knows how to turn good ideas into a nice track.

I'm a decent pattern and sound programmer, and my stuff tends to be fairly rhythmic, with a nice drive. I suck at arranging, and subtlety is not one of my virtues.

I'm not into any particular style, but was thinking something deep or dubby would be cool, and a nice challenge for the Elektrons. I'm open to anything though, as long as it's not very genre-specific and a little oddball.

No particular requirements... I'm a family man and very busy at times, so patience is a good thing I probably won't have much studio time until mid January.
So I would love to be part of this in one way or another.....Let be known I am new to the world of "makin" electronic music,but have been makin and playing"live" music for years. I have played everything and everywhere from the" FIB festival" in Spain to your local bar&grill of the Appalachia. PLEASE PUT ME TO WORK or point me in a good direction. Pm me for styles and all that jazz
Goomba
Count on me.

I'm dj and not a musician so my composition methods are chaotic, when I have an idea I try to compose it using "ears" and looking for a feeling with the patterns.

I own both MnM and MD so i'm up to any collaboration. I have and I know how to use live, but I prefer to work on hardware better than on software.

My preferences are raw electro sounds mixed with Idm style rythms, but i'm open to do something interesting between 90 and 115 bpm
Hammer Bro
MD MKII 10th Anniversary Edition
Monomachine MKII
Facebook Page
musical/compositional/programming strengths:

Sound design. EQ. melody lines. percussion lines.

musical/compositional/programming weaknesses:

transitions. build-ups, break downs. when to bring sounds in and out.

preferred style of music:

techno/electro/house. e.g. deadmau5/richie hawtin/steve bug/jeff mills et al.

practical implications that might be useful for potential collaborators to know about (preferred working methods, DAW/platform, MD/MNM/other, time restricitions etc)

I run Ableton Live 5.2 with minimal plugins (operator but no other bought plugs)
both MnM and MD, both MKII and the MD is UW.
No time restrictions. I would like to keep this STRICTLY an elektron affair except for efx and mixing if necessary.

peace
Admin
tIB was here
I asked Jims Computer Beats to go to the prom with me and he said yes!
Go to top Post Reply