As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re:EU Album: MACHINE (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:EU Album: MACHINE
Re:EU Album: MACHINE 14 Years, 2 Months ago
hey all

Ive been lurking for the last little while, tinkering with the the MD and I must say I agree that this is one of the more positive and helpful music communities that ive checked out.

Looking to contribute and i love conceptual projects. ill post up some sketches soon.

cheers drox
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
B U R O M A C H I N E S

Killer Beez
drox wrote:
hey all

Ive been lurking for the last little while, tinkering with the the MD and I must say I agree that this is one of the more positive and helpful music communities that ive checked out.

Looking to contribute and i love conceptual projects. ill post up some sketches soon.

cheers drox

Hey, thanx for the support. If you are interested to participate in album by doing a track, you are very welcome to do so. We'll be announcing the final call for tracks later and info how to submit your track. After that it'll be jury vouting for tracks that will go to album (about 15 in total). So, as we have said earlier, it's open for everyone (elektron-users of course).
Hammer Bro
I'm not on the selection team, but I would think it's better to send a finished track that you think is great at multiple level (sound design, composition, mix, etc) rather than a sketch.
Admin
tIB wrote:

• All work must be submitted no later than the 1st of April. There will be no extensions to this date under any circumstances. Following submission we are working on a tight timescale for selection, mastering and subsequently release.

hi everyone,

I hope all of you are working on your submissions for the elektron users MACHINE project.

The design team is putting in some over time and coming up with some very inspiring visuals to adorn the release.

PLEASE DIRECT YOUR TRACK SUBMISSION TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:

machines at brownspace dot net

i have tested the address with a 15.7 MB file with no problems. Let me know via PM if you have any issues.

please send mp3 for now. nothing above 192kbps. obviously if your track is selected we will need a master.

please use itunes or some other program to provide all relevant details and tagging. i will need your eusers tag, real name, collaborators (if there are any) and gear used. feel free to include additional information.

that is all for now.

let's hear some of those tracks!!
Admin
tIB was here
kirlian wrote:

please use itunes or some other program to provide all relevant details and tagging. i will need your eusers tag, real name, collaborators (if there are any) and gear used. feel free to include additional information.

In terms of additional information it might be useful to include a brief overview of how the track relates to the concept and/or selected title.

Many thanks for setting that up K, Ill add the info into the first thread.
Admin
tIB was here
tIB wrote:
Before outlining the finalized concept, we would like to publicly thank the concept team comprised of Toni, Nils and Liveseq for the fantastic work they have done in consolidating and distilling a tremendous amount of information to find what we feel is a concept very relevant and dear to our elektron machine hearts. As we all know, pleasing all of the people all of the time is an insurmountable task. However, after reading through the concept they have created with the forum’s contributions, I think they might have done the impossible: I‘m sure you will agree that the end result of their hard work has given us a fantastic starting point for this project. Many thanks to all of you!

MACHINE

CONCEPT IN BRIEF

We have decided to lose the idea of linking the Elektron machines to nature and ‘green’ issues, because they do not have a strong connection to Elektron as a company or to us in the context and usage of our Elektron machines. Within the concept we need to have a theme common to all Elektron users and a credible connection that really links us to our Elektron synthesizers and the music we make with them. This connection is Machines.

With the working-title ‘Machine’ we refer to our Elektron machines, but also to the wider metaphor of the machine.

The generic and simplified usage of the single word machines belies the immense impact machines have had on every facet of our civilization and, in this case specifically, our music. It also opens the concept up to endless interpretation; the compilation can be interpreted to be about Elektron machines, machine as collaborator/facilitator or machines as catalyst and muse for a fundamental restructuring of society (see introduction text).

We hope with this kind of multi-faceted concept that the compilation can simultaneously be an album for us as elektron-users, and also something for non-elektron users that are interested in electronic music or possibly our community.

For a more detailed overview of the machines concept, including suggested track names, please refer to the Machines downloadable.pdf in the files section.

(Here: http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&Itemid=30&gid=19&orderby=dmdate_published )
Track names here: http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&catid=13&id=75968)
collab thread here: http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&catid=13&id=76043

The criteria for track submission are simple:

• Since we are an Elektron forum, these machines should feature prominently in the track. Let’s celebrate these machines that have brought us together as a community. The use of other manufactures machines is allowed, though the track selection committee will be looking for tracks that are ‘Elektron loud and proud’.

Collaboration is encouraged, since we are an online community of many artists we would like to encourage people to make links with other artists on the forum in the creation of any work submitted. While collaboration is not compulsory, again the track selection committee will be looking for work that has been born out of this approach.

• All work must be submitted no later than the 1st of April. There will be no extensions to this date under any circumstances. Following submission we are working on a tight timescale for selection, mastering and subsequently release.

PLEASE DIRECT YOUR TRACK SUBMISSION TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
machines at brownspace dot net

Please send in mp3 format, nothing above 192kbps. If your track is selected we will need a higher quality master.

(If the are any issues with uploading please PM Kirlian.)

Please use itunes or another program to provide all relevant details and tagging. We will need your eusers tag, real name, collaborators (if there are any) and gear used. feel free to include additional information such as a brief overview of how the track relates to the concept and/or selected title.

The projected release date for this project is projected on the 1st of July 2010. At this stage we are aiming for a digital release with donations going to an as yet undecided charity, the track count will be no more than 15.

I hope you are as excited about this project as we are,

tIB and kirlian

Edit: I somehow managed to post that info here after editing the original thread... Ill leave it there as its always nice to quote oneself
Yoshi
http://www.myspace.com/ido3
really should upload some more recent tunes but there you go
hmmm back online had to use my music lappy!

again.....

trying to decide what to finish?
Admin
just a little bump here.

the email address to submit tracks is up, and this is now a sticky in the elektron lounge.

happy tracking.

and by the way, we are already getting submissions! sounding good.
Admin
tIB was here
Ive put out a message about voting so please keep and eye on your PMs... If you have been an active participant (forist) through the duration of this project and you dont have anything then shoot me a PM... theres bound to be a fair few people Ive missed out/overlooked.

More information will arrive to your in-boxes later this week once you've declared your interest by emailing the address sent in the PM.

EDIT: Just to confirm that you can both vote and submit tracks. All good.
Go to top Post Reply