As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Re:New Science Labs request! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:New Science Labs request!
Admin
Re:New Science Labs request! 15 Years, 9 Months ago
well i think pairs can decide on how they want to collaborate. maybe someone will want to be the song-mode magician, or whatever. i think leaving up to the pairs to sort out roles and responsibilities is part of the whole collaborative Lab...or so i think.
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
Re:New Science Labs request! 15 Years, 9 Months ago
So should I look in the "buy sell trade" section for a partner? I'm 200 metres east of Latitude: -33.8986360 Longitude: 151.1762851 where Monolake was 2 years ago.
Re:New Science Labs request! 15 Years, 8 Months ago
Just a quick thought: more than one entry per team should be allowed. That way, if, as Ipassnerger says, someone makes a naff kit/pattern/track or whatever, each team member will get a shot at making his version (if necessary). Again, I'm only concerned about the random team thing because it might be hard to agree on a final product due to varying music tastes.
I'm up for it though.
Admin
I see what you're saying Glitched but that's kinda the point to the Lab, collaboration. it's not genre, or style oriented Lab. I'm actually hoping that people of different musics will be randomly paired. This way they can actually learn not only about with others but other ways of looking at things. Picking people with similar tastes and style probably isn't going to expand or open someones eyes as much as someone coming from a different place.

I think anyone can revisit a paired teams Sysex and can remix or whatever. I'm afraid if we make this too open ended we'll never see an end to thing. It's already kinda becoming a wrangle this thing from concept to actuality and trying to please everyone.

Again, if you guys don't want to do it this way, then we won't. I'm just democratically trying to appease everyone here. Meanwhile keeping the spirit of the Science Labs and reminding folks this is more about learning and not the contest/voting. Ultimately not everyone is going to like the restrictions. It's been like that for 3+ years, but I'm a nice fellow and do wish to make something that community wants. In the end if you guys aren't behind it then it's pointless.
Game & Watch
hehe.. I was kind of joking when i said making a naff pattern etc.. I think the limitation/restriction of working outside of yr comfort zone would be most interesting. I say odd collabs should produce more interesting results all round.
Cappy
actuel wrote:
I'm actually hoping that people of different musics will be randomly paired. This way they can actually learn not only about with others but other ways of looking at things. Picking people with similar tastes and style probably isn't going to expand or open someones eyes as much as someone coming from a different place.

Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
onthefly wrote:
actuel wrote:
I'm actually hoping that people of different musics will be randomly paired. This way they can actually learn not only about with others but other ways of looking at things. Picking people with similar tastes and style probably isn't going to expand or open someones eyes as much as someone coming from a different place.

1+
Admin
I will get these setup before the end of the week. Still uncertain on how we're going to collect and pair people but will put my brain juices to work on it!

I'll probably start another thread to start pooling all those that wish to get in these labs.
Admin
actuel wrote:
I'll probably start another thread to start pooling all those that wish to get in these labs.

This plan sounds good to me.
Admin
Go to top Post Reply