As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Buchla waveforms for y'all! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Buchla waveforms for y'all!
Goomba
Buchla waveforms for y'all! 15 Years, 6 Months ago
Spent some time chopping these up this afternoon. All taken from a buchla music easel. First few are waveforms of pretty much just the complex vco, the rest are a taken from various patches. This is my first time messing with creating waveforms for the mnm. If anyone notices anything about them that could be better by all means let me know. I plan on uploading more in the future. There's also one waveform taken from hal of 2001:a space odyssey.

http://drop.io/cjew2yv

Enjoy!
Hermann
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
Re:Buchla waveforms for y'all! 15 Years, 6 Months ago
Hesse wrote:
All taken from a buchla music easel.

holy sh$t, a Buchla Easel?!? bananas my friend. do you own or just have access to it? damn. oh, and thx for the waveforms.

Cappy
I would love an Easel - gotta be one of the coolest synths in synth history. Thanks - will try and check these out ASAP.
Game & Watch
Hesse wrote:
Spent some time chopping these up this afternoon. All taken from a buchla music easel.

That. Is. All.
Game & Watch
drxcm wrote:
I would love an Easel - gotta be one of the coolest synths in synth history. Thanks - will try and check these out ASAP.

Me too....
Yoshi
MDUW MKII + MnM MKII + OT DPS-1
http://soundcloud.com/earsmack
Nice sounds - very unique - and the waveforms themselves even look good! Thanks - will try to use some of these on my MD too.
Thanks Hesse!
Goomba
Awesome, glad y'all enjoy em. This batch was pretty rough and can really be thought of as a "beta" version. I plan on releasing a full set of 64 waveforms that really span the range, or at least scratch the surface, of what the easel is capable of.

This batch was made using audacity, but I couldn't get playback to work so most of the chopping was done deaf. I'll try again with live and will hopefully have better luck; my previous attempts with live kept giving me errors in the monomachine. Next time I'll try to organize sounds from basic complex vco to drones to who knows. I've also got some arp 2600 samples lying around which I'll try to chop and include.

And no, sadly, I don't have access to the easel anymore; I had access for about a year and made a *ton* of recordings. Then about two weeks after I graduated the easel was stolen! And about a week before it was stolen I had gotten permission to come in during the summer and make a website documenting the easel to share with the world including videos, samples, patches, etc... So if anyone ever sees an easel with some evergreen state college markings on it, call the cops!

In the meantime enjoy and post some audio/video. I've got some monome controlling monomachine oscillating buchla waveforms coming soon....
Cappy
Morbidly self-aware and liking it.
No one's found Evergreen's Easel, yet? That's too bad =|

Thank you for the imagination, time and effort spent in capturing and presenting these. I don't have a Mk2 Mono yet, but I can't wait to use these waveforms on one.
Goomba
Re:Buchla waveforms for y'all! 15 Years, 5 Months ago
Thanks for sharing.

What years were you at Evergreen....?
Go to top Post Reply