As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Octatrack, Multiple samples on 1 track (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Octatrack, Multiple samples on 1 track
Re:Octatrack, Multiple samples on 1 track 11 Years, 11 Months ago
Thanks for the info! Yeah, that seems like it might work but it's hurting my head haha (it's the weekend dammit!)

It should be MUCH simpler and less hackish.

I sent an email to Elektron support so hopefully I can get a clear answer and I will share here when I do.

Thanks again guys for the posts. Great forum.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Unfortunately there is no hacking in this issue. No hidden CC's or something. You just can't trig slices and slots by using midi. And yes I agree, this feature is fundamental and should have been there from the start.
No 1 FR for me and probably it's not coming in with the next update
It's unfortunate because this sampler IS the future. I'm on board 100% and have dropped the cash to prove it.

If this feature doesn't show up in the next OS version, I might get an SP-404FX for my drums, but honestly I need to be making records, not trying to figure out (and paying a lot more money) on something so fundamental.

If anyone from Elektron is reading this, I am the customer you want. I'm using an MPC 3000 (1996!) because it works and the workflow is amazing. I love your products. Keep me happy and you can count on me staying loyal for many years to come.
I'm also noticing this thing freezes A LOT too. Shit keeps playing but the screen fully locks and only rebooting it will "fix" it.

Getting closer and closer to kicking this thing to the curb.

I got this for the studio to handle samples for my old MPC, but also to use as a live instrument to replace Ableton for playing out (I stare at a computer all day at work).

Is there a box out there that can "warp" audio and keeps all MIDI / BPM jazz in sync?

Seems like it should be the most simple thing to do with media formats being massive and ram being dirt cheap.

I don't know. I feel like quitting music right now lol.
OT is going back to Sweetwater.

3 weeks of production time down the tubes.

Never buying a beta product like this again. It shouldn't have been released in this state. Going to have to suck it up and use the laptop for live. Can't waste any more time on convoluted boxes like this.

Hopefully soon someone will figure out how to make a stand alone backing track / sample box that can also be used in the studio.
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
That you dont like it.. thats one thing..
but calling it still a "beta-product" goes 1 step to far... its well beyond that stage.
i would keep it on "its not the device" for you... which unfortunatly can happen.
i do not like every groovebox/sampler ever build.. just because its not my cup of tea.

doesnt make it a shitty product.. just makes it incompatible with me..
or in this case.. with you..
King Koopa
kraftf wrote:
Unfortunately there is no hacking in this issue. No hidden CC's or something. You just can't trig slices and slots by using midi. And yes I agree, this feature is fundamental and should have been there from the start.
No 1 FR for me and probably it's not coming in with the next update

Here we have an example of someone who has no idea what they're talking about.

Not only does it mention that this can be done in the manual...-I just did it to confirm it.

To clarify...I just connected my MPC 5000 to my Octatrack, and played samples on the OT (samples assigned to trigs), from the MPC pads. I'm not sure if this is ignorance on your part, or that you think you're keeping a 'secret' hoping no one will find out, but it's easily done. So easy in fact that I didn't even touch MIDI settings on the Octatrack-it was already set-up to receive correctly.

You're welcome.
This thread needs less lose.
Cappy
The OP was asking about being able to record multiple samples to the same track.

There is no external way of doing this over midi, but if you use the "Slots" mode you can realtime record multiple sample locks to the same track. There currently is no way to access this mode over midi.

The other option is to set it up the way BIG BANG mentioned and record the loop to a buffer and then lock that buffer to a flex track. This way you can design your drums and sounds using the 8 tracks, then record phrases using the record machines, and finally arrange them on your flex machine tracks using sample locks.
Clearly the right thing to do is stop making music.
The box that does it for you will never be out of beta.
Go to top Post Reply