As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Octatrack bugs? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Octatrack bugs?
Goomba
Octatrack bugs? 11 Years, 7 Months ago
Okey after the last os update we have experienced these bugs. I would like to know if these are common bugs or excusive for our machine.

Sometimes the display gets all fucked up - The screen gets devided in two, the display gets turned upsidedown, some of the pixels gets misplaced etc. Different every time it happens.

During the last show some drumsamples were out of sync for ca 5 patternslots before they synced back to where they were originally placed. All triggers was were they should be. Samples still unsynced. Fixed itself after a few patterns.

Sometimes when in usbdisc mode the OTflashcard wont show up in finder.

Sometimes when we hit usbdiscmode the OT is unable to load projects, rebooting the device fixes this.

---

It seems to me that these problems occured after the last OS-update.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re:Octatrack bugs? 11 Years, 7 Months ago
Okey. New issue.

Screen fucked up, one track gets muted and two muted tracks gets activated with no buttons pressed.

This is a new project with no other songs on.
Goomba
This post is not about the OS 1.21b
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
No those are not normal. If it wasn't for the screen issues, I'd say they were card issues, but if your screen is doing that, I'm guessing it's time to send it back in.
Goomba
Okey. But the unit is about 5 months old. Gigged maybe 8-10 times. Never bdropped or anything like that. The displaystuff doesent happen all the time, it happens maybe every second day.
Chain Chomp
Getting same screen issues with latest version. What the fucking fuck.

Gonna go back to 1.1 and make sure, but it was more or less completely stable for me.

I do wonder if it's hardware because it's so damn obvious? But then again the lag is confirmed as a software issue, no? And that took me all of 5 minutes to find.

I'm at a loss. What's a good replacement for the Octatrack?

But I didn't have them before this most recent (as of today) version.....
Goomba
Updating to 1.21b now, lets see if that fixes the problems.

Really annoying to have bought an instrument wich is full of bugs. Really hope this fixes the issues, since OT is a great consept/idea for a tool for making electronic music the way i want it to be.
Cappy
I am still getting the screen issues, too. I'm worried that I have to send it in. Jeez, this is my second OT. My friend who got one after being impressed with mine is already on his THIRD OT. Tell me why we have to pay the shipping when sending in our crap devices?
Screen issues are not normal. Never had a screen issue since I got the OT and used many different OSs.

Try ejecting the card and start in Demo Mode. If it still has screen issues, I would recommend contacting support
Goomba
Awh, shit. This is my livelihood and i dont have time for this.

FFS, elektron. Great concept bad programming.

Why release new products when your old products isnt finished?
Costumers should not be your unpaid bug-testers!!

Transferring my work to other platforms is hours of work + learning the tracks in those setups. I have deadlines and wont get payed if i dont fulfill them.

So,

Do they lend you another when repairing your old?

Writing a mail to elektron tomorrow on the issues, will post parts of it here.

Would be nice to hear if someone else have contacted them.
Go to top Post Reply