As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT - Scenes not recalling properly (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT - Scenes not recalling properly
Chain Chomp
MD uw
Octatrack
Monomachine mkII +Drive
OT - Scenes not recalling properly 11 Years, 1 Month ago
Hi guys....i have a gig tonight and the OT is behaving weird.....shit!

Basically i have
• Tracks 1to4 for Deck1
• Tracks 5to8 for Deck2

All the patterns are in just for recalling a specific Part (e.g. P01>Part1 - P02>Part2 - P03>Part3 - P04>Part4) so i can have different 16x4 Scenes.

I trigger first song for T1 (the others are Neighbors) and i have Scene1 and Scene16 for Volume/Level transitions (between the two A/B songs---this setting is common for all Parts). Other scenes in between are for fx.

Let's say i have on Scene2 (still on Part1) some filtering and delay, so i select this Scene for position B. I start to make noises with the crossfader....

BUT

If i go to Pattern2 (with Part2, with the same song still playing) and i select Scene16 for getting back the zero volume on Track1, i still have the same fx from before....i tried also to select another Scene with more drastic fxs....but nothing changes...

Only if i STOP-STOP i get everything as normal, so selecting a Scene will let me listen that locked parameters...but, you know, i cant stop the signal once i started...

Please.....some of you has any ideas?
Thanks a lot....im in shitty hurry....
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
MD uw
Octatrack
Monomachine mkII +Drive
Re:OT - Scenes not recalling properly 11 Years, 1 Month ago
Actually i think its the project got bugged....because yesterday i was able to do these thing - but not today.....my first gig.....shit.

Maybe should I recreate the Project?
Chain Chomp
MD uw
Octatrack
Monomachine mkII +Drive
Ok.....got something......looks like if i switch Pattern (and Part follows) its Part actually doesnt take place.
If i select manually Part 2 for Pattern 2 (even if it is already displayed Part2) then i get the Scenes as i expect.....that's weird.
This also works for the PlaysFree tracks (all actually) , infact switching patterns didn't trigger the Volume or Fx always....now it does.

I just have to be really focused on this and make one more combo buttons during the live....a bit of slower workflow......this is weird anyway
Chain Chomp
Sorry, it's a little hard to follow what you're saying.
Patterns are linked to parts. Is that the problem? So, for example, you can have A01, A02, A03, and A04 being linked to part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, respectively.

If that doesn't help then I'm not sure what the problem is :
Chain Chomp
MD uw
Octatrack
Monomachine mkII +Drive
Yes, patterns are linked to parts same way you wrote.
What i need from different parts are just for scenes.

The problem happens when i switch from A01 to A02, so i get part2 (and everything correct, since Pt2 is displayed on the LCD) BUT the scenes i select from PArt2 dont play as expected.
I have to manually select (again) Part2 for A02 then i can play those scenes....

Im sorry for my unclear way of writing,,,,,,,,thanks a lot Biologik for your understanding
Chain Chomp
Oh, I see. I've never had that problem, but the again, I don't need more than 16 scenes so I don't change scenes per part.

I gave this a shot on my OT (OS 1.22) and it worked fine so I'm not sure what the issue is :
Chain Chomp
MD uw
Octatrack
Monomachine mkII +Drive
Re:OT - Scenes not recalling properly 10 Years, 11 Months ago
long time....and i forgot to post the Elektron HQ wrote to me...

Yes, I can replicate the issue here too. As far as I can understand now it that the track needs to re-triggered after the new Pattern with different Part has been selected in order for the Scenes in the next PART to take affect. I will report this and see what happen happens.
and then the answer...
The track needs to be triggered or the Part needs to be selected again for the Scene changes to take affect

So.....since retriggering the track is not something i want in sort-of-djset situtation.....Part re-selecting (not reloading!!) is the only workaround...less quick but effective! =)

I am just wondering why this scenario would avoid to use Part reload and let the Scenes to switch too....
I would love some wandering answers!

I am tempted to ask officially for making this available in a future update, but if someone can show me that this is something that let you do something else better, then i will keep the Part re-select task ready to happen for having one more thing ! =)
Go to top Post Reply