As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:MnM Problems with the Tempo since I've installed 1.21OS (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:MnM Problems with the Tempo since I've installed 1.21OS
Goomba
MnM Problems with the Tempo since I've installed 1.21OS 15 Years, 4 Months ago
I have a MnM MK II and I updated my machine as usual to 1.21.
But since I've done this the MnM got real big 'lags' in the tempo.

e.g. I run a normal tempo of 128, everything is ok as long as I use just 3 parts like Kick, Bassline, and another simple melody.
But if I unmute a fourth part with Hi-Hats and Claps and a fifth one with some other percussions on it the tempo begins to fall and raise. At a tempo of 128 it falls down to 110, at least 2 times per 64 steps.

This is really annoying and unfortunately there's no 1.20b version available to downgrade the mono.
Does anybody got the same problems or know an answer to this strange thing.

Greetings, priox
  The topic has been locked.
Re:MnM Problems with the Tempo since I've installed 1.21OS 15 Years, 4 Months ago
have you tried to apply 1.21 once again? maybe something went wrong during the upgrade.

if this fails, do a full backup of your stuff. then do a verify that the backup is ok. then a factory reset and once again apply the 1.21.

could help. but you risk to loose your kits and patterns if something with the backup goes wrong.
Goomba
Re:MnM Problems with the Tempo since I've installed 1.21OS 15 Years, 4 Months ago
I already tried it several times but the tempo keeps running with the 'lags'
Today we tried the OS at another MnM (from a friend of me)
And as we alrdy expected the tempo 'laged' as well at this machine.

So it's defenitely no fault in my MnM, it's a OS-based bug and it's really annoying seeing such a OS getting released and won't be fixed by Elektron.

Fortunately I found the older OS 1.20b in the forums.
I reinstalled this OS and everything runs fine again.
Admin
Please email Elektron about this problem!
Goomba
I already mailed to Elektron but I didn't recieve an answer until now.

And I also tried to reset the machine by 'Factory Reset' several times now - nothing works.
If the pattern which is played a busy pattern (as I already described in my 1st post) the tempo begins to hop.
It happens at my own patterns but also at preset-patterns.

I hope Elektron will fix it.
I too have seen tempo dips with the new MnM OS. I've been unable to create a specific case where it happens.

Also seen some odd changes to existing patterns. Trigs went all green and wouldn't trig, but when pressed would return to normal. Pretty irritating to have to go manually touch every trig in a track. Didn't happen to all patterns, just a couple and I've found no correlation between them.
Chain Chomp
Machinedrum SPS-1UW+ MkII
Monomachine SFX-60+ MkII
Roland Gear
------------------------------------
www.syn303.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/syn303
Glad i haven't installed the new OS's to either my MnM or UW's. The new OS updates are proving to be glitchy by the sounds of it.
Hammer Bro
MnM mkII // MD mkII // Tb-303
I have not experienced problems with the new os' yet. But I have been gone for the holidays and made a few patterns, probably put 10-12 hours in on them before I took off.
King Koopa
All your base are belong to us!
I'm experiencing this as well. It's not like when it goes out of sync with an external source which is easily noted when the delays starts to act up. It's more like the CPU is clogging up briefly and then it is OK for a while. It's very irregular.

First I doubted that it actually was doing this since I had a hangover but the more I listen for it the more certain I get that it's actually there.

It's very strange that it was introduced in this patch. Maybe they released the debug mode firmware?
boy that sounds bad. I am glad i havent upgraded my machines yet.

It is quite strange and unacceptable for elektron to do such thing. I am looking forward to the outcome of this. I remember that they updated the scale setups on the Mnm, maybe that is causing the problem.
Go to top Post Reply