As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear STATUS - The Octa has landed! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: STATUS - The Octa has landed!
Game & Watch
Re:STATUS - The Octa has landed! 13 Years, 3 Months ago
Cheers guys, I will do something else this evening using some more samples.

It is possible to turn timestretch off.

I do think it would be possible to do full tracks with just the OT, projects can have lots of patterns and samples, and it is a very deep machine, don't let my first crappy video cloud your judgement into thinking it is a one trick pony, I'm standing at the bottom of the mountain.

The os is 0.99 and the manual is for v1.0 so some of the things in the manual are not implemented (such as midi tracks) so I don't think it would have been worth it being downloadable, also it is not the full manual anyway.

Elektron have already stated that more fx, machines and features will be added, but as I said before there is plenty enough in there right now to be explored for now.

The mixer page is AWESOME, you have all your mutes laid out on the trigs, and volume for the inputs and outputs on 1 page, you can also still change scenes (16 of them) without leaving the page, so for live use, friggin super. You can use the OT as a 2 stereo input mixer to keep your live set compact.

I have not explored the slice function yet, but it looks like the user definable slices can be indexed to the knob so you can plock sample position, also you can set each trig button to a slice (think of a beat divided into 16 and mapped across the buttons). Also the editor has snap to zero crossing when selecting points.
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
darenager wrote:

The mixer page is AWESOME, you have all your mutes laid out on the trigs, and volume for the inputs and outputs on 1 page, you can also still change scenes (16 of them) without leaving the page, so for live use, friggin super.

You can use the OT as a 2 stereo input mixer to keep your live set compact.

Good to hear.

..And that is pretty much my plan, the Machinedrum on one side and something, as yet to be decided, on the other.
Boo
I didnt have touched any Elektron machine yet!.

When you have a pattern with a sample of 2 minutes (more than 100 measures or so), how do you work with 64-128 steps for p-locks?
Chain Chomp
anselmi wrote:
22tape wrote:
jeebus. this place is like a hippie elektron commune. and the octatrak is the tree of knowledge. and no one should question the meaning of its existance. i guess it will all be groovy in the end man

things really changed here...when I came here about 3 years ago Actuel stopped talking to me because I said I don´t like the face of the "radio" icon (I still hate it)...now people is comming from outer space with all kind of critisisms to us, elektron hippies...oh well...

elektron hippies is the most polite and complimentary slander i could think of
Yoshi
Anyone know if Awave have them in?
Cappy
MD UW MKII, MNM MKII, OT DPS-1, A4
-What about trigless trigs?
-Any chromatic sampling machine?
-Is possibility saving mute/unmute state tracks in pattern?
Admin
Nils wrote:
mos6581 wrote:
Who knows what the future holds...

Well it has been stated that each track has polyphony, so while apparently they're monophonic atm, my guess is there will be future upgrades incorporating this in one way or the other. Like for example a drum sampler kind of machine like the Monomachine BBOX, with the kind of polyphony that the Monomachine MIDI machines hold.

Polyphony was the first thing I asked about at namm and the answer was "quite possible" in a coming os update .
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
@rusty, spoke with awave today and it will be about two weeks before it hits, so not yet I my answer
Killer Beez
Filemono11 wrote:
-What about trigless trigs?
Of course!

Filemono11 wrote:
-Any chromatic sampling machine?
We do not know yet. Apparently pitch is adjusted 'MD-way' right now, hopefully we'll see machines that are specialized in chromatic sampling.

Filemono11 wrote:
-Is possibility saving mute/unmute state tracks in pattern?
No idea about this. Hopefully Darenger will fill us in..
Goomba
A lotta octa will land today.
Behold. The Holy Grail!

Go to top Post Reply