As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT tricks
MK7
Killer Beez
OT tricks 13 Years, 2 Months ago
Yesterday, i played around with p-locked timestretch in sliced beats --> sounds like p-locked shuffle settings! Great

What have you discovered?
  The topic has been locked.
Re:OT tricks 13 Years, 2 Months ago
I was trying to use a random LFO to control PB Rate so that the Rate would be set to either +63 or -63.

I couldn't manage to work out how to do it but had some interesting results from setting the LFO multiplier to high numbers (x64) and depth to anything above 64.

Was also using an LFO with an iSaw waveform to control Delay Speed with Delay FB cranked up to the top. WIth a depth of about 32 on the LFO and a slow Speed (in FREE mode) you can get some nice random RTRIG-type sounds.

Oh, if anyone knows how I could do the random-LFO-to-set-rate-to-either-plus 63-or-minus 63, I'll be very grateful
Chain Chomp
set up a square-lfo with max depth. then set up another random-lfo to modulate the speed of the first lfo. shouldn´t that do it?

yesterday i enjoyed setting up the crossfader to filter the kickdrum and pitch another track at the same time. allmost full feedback on phaser/flanger and minimal changes on their delay can produce some nice pitching effects also.

the more tracks i use and set up some craziness with them the more i get confused.
so i start to limit myself with less tracks. (2-4)
Killer Beez
just had some interesting fun with leaving internal record on a 1 bar cycle, tweaking the source track while playing and tweaking the resulting ram player buffer. Kind of like a neighbor machine but with flex machine parameters (and one recording length of latency)
Then again I suddenly can't do it any more so maybe it's late and I'm imagining things and I should go to bed..
Tomoorow I try for a ram recorder modulated feedback loop..
Game & Watch
As my card is currently kaput, I have had a bit of a play with it as an effects unit doing the following.

Machines:
Track 1 : Thru Machine (getting a 1/2 bar loop from my MD)
Track 2 : Neighbour
Track 3 : Neighbour
Track 4 : Neighbour

Each track is set to a different length, say 12, 11, 7, 4 and the master track set really long. Each track has different fx loaded and then use plocks on each track to create an evolving musical pattern out of the 1/2 bar loop from the MD. Meant to try using different time sigs for the each pattern too but never got round to that.
While locking different samples on different steps, you can choose the sample with the LEVEL knob!!!

Found out last night and it is easier than up / down and enter
data-line wrote:
While locking different samples on different steps, you can choose the sample with the LEVEL knob!!!

Found out last night and it is easier than up / down and enter

Nice!
Oh, while I was sampling some 'clean' electric guitar, modulating the Filter Distortion and the Base/Width and the Filter Env Attack, you can get a pretty convincing wah-wah sound. Plock some stuff and then let an out-of sync slow LFO modulate some of the parameters in between.

People have said it before but damn, the OT's filters are sooooo nice.
MK7
Killer Beez
Some nice ideas, thx!

And yes, the filters are sooooo great! The OT's effects sound so smooth, as if some acoustic Antialising were active. Maybe it is?!

Any more ideas? Highsage, DataLine, come on
pressing track button + play plays the track and pressing stop stops the track

I think that has been mentioned before...

LFO designers are great! Modulate it to VOL or FILTER, you get amazing results straight away.

ALso, change the scenes while the crossfader is pushed to that scene ))
Go to top Post Reply