As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge MachineDrum DJ Project Round 02 - BEGINS! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: MachineDrum DJ Project Round 02 - BEGINS!
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
MachineDrum DJ Project Round 02 - BEGINS! 13 Years ago
OK, we're ready to start the submission process for Round 02. Here's what you need to know...complete info follows the short version

The short version: Basically the same as for Round 01: Two-bar patterns and short needledrop mp3's of them, submitted to machinedrumdjproject (at) gmail (dot) com by April 30, 2011. However, for Round 02 we're trying to deal with three issues that cropped up last time: Drastic differences in submission volume levels, the need for *some* uniformity in organizing the 16 Tracks across the MD, and the need to keep samples organized easily. So please read and remember...

The details:
1) Before you start:
-Visit the Sandbox and download the MachineDrum DJ Project Round 02 file. In it you will find a kit/pattern SYSEX for level setting and (for you UW owners) 24 samples. The text file will list the specific slots where you should load each sample, and give some basic info on using the kit/pattern to ensure all our submissions' overall volume levels are approximately equal.

2) What you need to create for each track you want to submit:
-A SYSEX file containing the elements of a club-style dance track (approximately 128 - 145 BPM) for solo MachineDrum.
-Also if possible, a 2-3 minute mp3 of an excerpt of this track so that we can all listen to a sketch of your original vision. (Short, because our project's Soundcloud page can only hold 120 minutes of music.)

3) What each track should consist of:
-A maximum of 4 kits, 8 patterns.
-Patterns should be no longer than 2 bars (32 steps) at most.
-Use samples only from the samplepack, which was uploaded March 03 to the Sandbox.
-Style: Any subgenre of clubby techno that makes you wanna move your ass, but please stay within the 128 - 145 BPM range.

4) Track organization:
To make life easier for the live PA artists, please keep your essential rhythmic elements on Tracks 1-4 and CTR/RAM on Tracks 13-16:
-BD on T1
-SD / backbeat elements on T2/3
-HiHat on T4
-CTR machines (if any) on T13-14
-RAM-Rec on T15, RAM-Play on T16
You don't need to use CTR machines if you don't want to, but please do not use T15-16 for anything other than the RAM machines. Non-UW owners, please leave these tracks empty.

5) Number of submissions:
-No upper limit, but submit at least one track that uses only internal synthesis. This way the non-UW owners among us can participate.

6) Deadline: April 30, 2011. Two months away.

7) How to submit:
Email your SYSEX/mp3 files as attachments to machinedrumdjproject (at) gmail (dot) com by the April 30 deadline. In the email text, please include a description I can post beneath your mp3 on the group SoundCloud page. (Options you might include: Track title, artist name, whether it uses samples or not, a link to a longer version of the track if you have one posted elsewhere, how the 16 tracks are organized, what your CTR-8P is set up to do, etc.).

After all the submissions are in, I will post all SYSEX files to the files section of the EU forums, and I will also post all of the mp3 excerpts to the project's group page at http://soundcloud.com/machinedrumdjproject .

...OK let's do it
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
MD MKII 10th Anniversary Edition
Monomachine MKII
Facebook Page
Re:MachineDrum DJ Project Round 02 - BEGINS! 13 Years ago
looking forward to it DUBA!!!!

come on all you MD owners.

have a laugh and make some tracks.
have a drink and make some mixes.

"but, i'm not that good...they're all gonna laugh at me!"

screw it!

this is all about having fun and getting to know your MD by using the constraints.

the mixes are a way for you to mix/remix your work and others.

i really enjoyed round 01, lets hope we see more tracks and mixes.

peace
Yoshi
whooooooosh

lamonddesign

lamonddesign@gmail.com
"but, i'm not that good...their all gonna laugh at me!" ok then im scottish and used to being laughed at (football,rugby snooker, even tiddlywinks now) so count me in
Yoshi
@0n0n3
MNM
OT
X0xb0x
Monotribe
I think I might be in. It'll force me to start and finish something at last, instead of jamming a middle section.

Happy days.

Hammer Bro
Monomachine MKII
Facebook Page
bump!
Yoshi
I'll give this a go!
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
Welcome Microscopial, Duncan, DJD_OZ! Glad to have you guys aboard, and everyone else who wants to participate. Most everyone who submitted last time said this was a great experience in lots of ways. We all share knowledge, we all learn, we all benefit.

Check the SoundCloud page for what everyone came up with last time...I'll keep the Round 01 tracks there until the 2-hour space limit forces me to bump them for the Round 02 submissions.
Hammer Bro
Monomachine MKII
Facebook Page
bump!

i'm going to bump this once a week myself.
every Monday.

that way everyone that might want to know, will know.

peace
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
I'll give it a try, but hopefully I won't be as busy next couple of months as I have so far this year...haven't sat down for a beer-infused Elektron jam in well over a month
Hammer Bro
sorry, i won't participate finally,
have to work on some poject with an older os and don't have the +drive.
But i'm still foloowing you guyz
Go to top Post Reply