As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Setting scenes..... (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Setting scenes.....
AZ9
Cappy
Setting scenes..... 12 Years, 7 Months ago
Hello all,how you doing?Im having a hard job understanding the manual for the octatrack!!!My question right now is how to set some parameters-ie filter and pitch ect to the scene fader to effect a sample....Ive rtfm and looked on yt but must be doing something wrong as no joy,nada..Could you help me as im not the sharpest tool around.cheers Matt (i struggled with the md too ha ha)
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Re:Setting scenes..... 12 Years, 7 Months ago
> Select the track you want the Scene to affect

> Press + Hold Scene (A or B ), select the Scene number you want to set up

> STILL HOLDING the Scene button (A or B, not the Scene number), tweak whatever parameters you want the Scene to affect - the parameter display will turn dark (invert)

> To de-couple a parameter from a Scene, Press + Hold the Scene button and press downward on the parameter knob - paramter display will revert to light

> Make shitloads of wacked noise
Killer Beez
Make sure that either Scene A or Scene B is active (Funct + Scene), select a scene (Scene+Trig) and while holding the Scene A or Scene B button down, set the desired parameters for the scene with the encoders.

edit: lol, simultanious post
AZ9
Cappy
Thanx..................but still no joy.Bryan,what is the scene no you mention?Is there a setting on the machine that is stopping these commands being made.Ive carefully applied your instructions.Hope my machine is not faulty : / Im on tracl 1 (trigger 9)and have got my sample there and have pressed scene b and the trig and the track and have chosen pitch ect(outlined) and am moving th slider around.Ok ive done many variations of this theme.At one point i got a slight variation of timbre.But nothing obvious here.Is there a format i can do.Ive updated the os to 1.02 again.Thanx M
Killer Beez
AZ9 , can you check in the bottom right of your OT display and check that there is a small graphic that moves with the crossfader? There is always the possibility that your crossfader is faulty.
Otherwise you are somehow doing something wrong. The Scene A and Scene B buttons are on? If there is a red |Led the Scene is on. All you need to do after that to program a scene is to press and hold one of the Scene A or B buttons while you change a parameter. You will see inverted colours on the parameter that you have locked to a scene.
AZ9
Cappy
Hi N_rain,there is no fader graphic on screen and i did all things i can imagine 100 times.The fader sometimes effects things a lttle bit but never consitently.Just slightly.Sometimes.Any other ideas appreciated thanx M edit-should you be able to record the fader tweaks?
Killer Beez
If the little tiny fader graphic does not move, or moves erraticly when you move your crossfader, then your crossfader is faulty and you will need to get your OT serviced.
Look very carefully just to be sure. It's quite small, looks a bit like a crossfader and it's in the bottom right corner of the OT's display.
AZ9
Cappy
Hi.well that lil fader motif goes back and forth when the slider is in the middle.Also im getting some change of sound sometimes.Just wonder if anyone else has had an issue like this.Thanx
AZ9
Cappy
So still battling night and day to get this sorted.Fader is working to some extent.Can control slices in a rudimentary fashion.And slight variations around the center mark on the fader.Nothing satisfying like using the control knobs tho.Why when i choose a parameter on scene a the same parameter is mirrored in scene b?According to the manual this will cancel the parameter out. Gonna go to my local music store tomorow and hopefully they still have the octatrack available to test.........
King Koopa
AZ9 wrote:
Gonna go to my local music store tomorow and hopefully they still have the octatrack available to test.........

Wow, a local music store that sells Octatracks...I'm impressed
Go to top Post Reply