As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:tenori on (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:tenori on
Yoshi
analogue_steve
Re:tenori on 12 Years, 6 Months ago
tIB wrote:
pound of flesh would do it. or your moog...

Pound of flesh would be easy, Moog only gets pried from my cold, dead hands.
  The topic has been locked.
Regarding the trouble with the OSX version of the Voice Manager tool. It's fucking amateur night at Yamaha. I'll explain.

I tried the OSX version several times and every time you try to 'make user voice' you get a strange error: 'The path is abnormal'. Not being able to actually change the path in the tool I was at a loss.

Anyway, I have Parallels installed on my Mac (there are a few NES development tools that I use that are Windows only) so I thought I'd try the Windows version and see what it's trying to do (on the assumption that they share the same code base).

When you 'make user voice' it actually tries, without prompting, to create a 'tenori-on' folder in the root of your C drive. It was then I realised what was going on.

By default, user accounts on OSX are not allowed to write directly to the root of the boot disk - you need password authentication to do this. It's a security thing. Yeah, sure, the reason there's no viruses on Macs is because Windows has the bigger market share. Yeah.

So, giving in to the software's rude and insistent behaviour, I manually created the 'tenor-on' folder in the root of my boot drive and enabled write access. Suddenly the Voice Manager tool (OSX) is playing ball.

Tut tut.

Admin
tIB was here
digital_steve wrote:
tIB wrote:
pound of flesh would do it. or your moog...

Pound of flesh would be easy, Moog only gets pried from my cold, dead hands.

perfect, a pound of flesh from digital steves left breast... ill make sure its a messy one and take the lot shylock style!

sounds like a mac issue to me neil.
tIB wrote:
sounds like a mac issue to me neil.

Tit.
Yoshi
analogue_steve
Oh noooooo.... My left moob.

.... Worth it.
Admin
tIB was here
I hope the moob is up to it... wouldnt want to have to go in deeper for my pound.
Yoshi
analogue_steve
Are you saying you want to touch my heart?
You sweet, sweet man-beard.
Go to top Post Reply