As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Octatrack -- oneshot trigs (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Octatrack -- oneshot trigs
Re:Octatrack -- oneshot trigs 12 Years, 7 Months ago
sinknoodles wrote:
not sure I really get what you mean but you can arm all tracks at once. Your one shot trigs will then play once, while your other trigs continue their merry way. You can litterally change a whole pattern around just by arming one shot trigs.

example : if in transition from from patern A to pattern B , I want a crash cymbal ( or whatever punctuating type sound ) with a super long tail on the first note of of pattern B to play only once as the rest of the pattern loops . With the current setup , I have to keep in mind that this transition is coming and then arm the track ( or tracks ) with the oneshot on it as well as change patterns. I want to know how to sequence a one shot, as it would be ideal in escaping the confines of the 4 bar limitation. ie long samples of lead instruments ( as one shots ) floating over the looping patterns

interesting
I haven't explored this area of the OT yet, I suppose I have found workarounds to obtain what I think you're looking for.
Would triggering oneshots by hand be a possiblilty? Since they are one shots with long decays, it would probably not matter much if they were triggered slightly off time.

In any case, I am not fluent enough in this working method to be of much help!
Overall, I find the handling of one shots in general a bit convoluted, I wish for more freedom in triggering options. I'm sure Elektron are working on making this better

One other option I'm thinking of is I tend to do a scene with heavy feedback delay and reverb, which allows for the kind of transition you describe : I can send everything into a big wash, switch patterns and have this hanging wall of reverb that trails away under the new pattern..works for me!
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
machinedrum sps-1 mkI
monomachine mkII
octatrack Dps-1
2x roland jx3p
roland spd-s
korg prophecy
microkorg
crumar Ds2
crumar bit one
yamaha su-10
EV-
mcpepe wrote:
My problem with one-shot trigs is that they don't stop when I change pattern. Is there any solution to this?

just add hold and release p-locks on the first step of the sample and your done
this works for me
Boo
tjebbe wrote:
mcpepe wrote:
My problem with one-shot trigs is that they don't stop when I change pattern. Is there any solution to this?

just add hold and release p-locks on the first step of the sample and your done
this works for me

Sorry, I am a little noob.
Can you explain with a little more detail, please?
King Koopa
machinedrum sps-1 mkI
monomachine mkII
octatrack Dps-1
2x roland jx3p
roland spd-s
korg prophecy
microkorg
crumar Ds2
crumar bit one
yamaha su-10
EV-
well if you place a oneshot sample trig on the first step and hold that button you can add parameter locks on that step.
so if i want a long sample to stop because i want just a portion of the sample i can place Hold and release p-locks (hold and release these you find under the amp button)
on to the seq so it will not play on to the next pattern.
it just lets you adjust how long a sample will be heard in order it will cut off the sample

hope this helps
snt
Goomba
Re:Octatrack -- oneshot trigs 10 Years, 10 Months ago
Noob question about One Shot Trigs: Is it possible to change a One Shot Trig back to a regular Sample Trig? [FUNCTION] + [TRIG] does the trick the other way around, but I cannot find a way to reverse the One Shot behaviour.
Goomba
I think you just hit the trig button and it changes to a normal trig. (Check the manual, because I'm recalling that from my flawed memory.)
Goomba
Just looked myself. I might have been thinking of trigless trigs.
Go to top Post Reply