As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear saving on OT (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: saving on OT
Boo
saving on OT 12 Years, 6 Months ago
Just updated to 1.03.
I discovered that all my stuff isn't the same anymore like I saved it.
Also when you clear a pattern and reimport thr saved song, the sequences will be gone.
oh man what a machine
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
3 brown dogs barking at each other....
Re:saving on OT 12 Years, 6 Months ago

Not used it properly yet since I updated.
Killer Beez
I assume you are smart and made a backup of your projects before upgrading right?
In this case you can easily go back to the last OS until Elektron support sorts out any problems that you report.

BTW, I always find it best to have a restore point saved for each of my projects just in case I forget to backup to disk. I load all projects from the restore point following any upgrade. Also don't forget the empty reset procedure when upgrading.
Boo
Hi N-Rain,

Thanks for the tip, I did a reset like you said and almost everything is the same again.
Yes I made a backup, but even that isn't a 100% reliable I think.

Kind regards
Killer Beez
I think a problem can be that if you do not do an empty reset immediately following the upgrade, resulting errors resulting from data held in memory between updates can become written to the current project due to the way the OT autosaves.
In the event of forgetting to do the empty reset, if you reload from a restore point, or restore the backup project file after unloading the set, this should correct any errors (assuming the update did not break anything..)
Killer Beez
^ so always empty reset after backups? Didn't know about that.
Killer Beez
nope! ^ always empty reset on the reboot after an OS upgrade. Sorry if I caused confusion
Killer Beez
^ ahh no sorry that's what I meant N-Rain. Ha early morning for me.... So empty reset after OS upgrade is what I didn't know. Why do you do this. Thanks. L
Killer Beez
^ as I understand, it is to clear the battery backed memory which stores project specific data between reboots. When you upgrade the OS, the way that the contents of this memory is used may change resulting in problems when the current project is autoloaded after the upgrade.
This is just an educated guess, and Elektron does not specify to do this every OS upgrade but I have always found the empty reset and restore project from backup is the best way to avoid complications, and it causes no harm to do this so why not..?
Tbh, because the auto-save is ALWAYS on, I do find myself doing few empty resets If I do not want to keep the changes...
Go to top Post Reply