As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear saving on OT (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: saving on OT
King Koopa
Re:saving on OT 12 Years, 6 Months ago
What's auto-save? Did I miss something?
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
PEACE
Daim wrote:
What's auto-save? Did I miss something?
"Auto save" saves every knob move and adjustments you make on the OT automatically. So, if you load the once created project the next time you get it exactly the way you left it before changing/closing the project without having it saved manually. It is supposed to be useful, but many users find it more of a disadvantage.
The only way to get around "auto save" right now is to constantly "save backup" and "restore backup" if needed.

There was a discussion about this recently, if you want to know more, or if I haven´t explained it good enough.
http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&id=149220&catid=9
Game & Watch
Hey gang - haven't tried this but one possibility is to create a fake project called OSUpdate. Just put a trig or two in there, or leave it empty. Before you update, switch over to this. That should make sure that any memory issues only affect your fake project. Think I'm going to try this as I am looking at going to 1.03 in the next few days when time permits.
Killer Beez
3 brown dogs barking at each other....
^ good idea I'd say and makes more sense. Realy the project should close down (like going to fake project) fully before it updates.
King Koopa
oh I see.. thx for the explanation
Game & Watch
FYI - the idea I mentioned above about the fake OS-Update project seemed to work fine tiding me over into 1.03. Just thought I would spread the word.
Go to top Post Reply