As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear In OT how to stop patterns playing simultaneously (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: In OT how to stop patterns playing simultaneously
Goomba
In OT how to stop patterns playing simultaneously 12 Years, 6 Months ago
Hi guys
I have a simple project with 3 tracks ,with different parts of a song I wrote in each of them and 3 patterns .The idea islay pattern 1 and I play the intro ,play pat. 2 and I play part A ,play pat.3 and I play part B.The problem is I start with pat.1 and it plays on its own,but when i press pattern 2 ,pattern 1 doesn't stop and plays along with pat.2.And when I press pat.3 all three patterns play simultaneously.
I tried in PATTERN SETTINGS to disconnect from the sequencer the tracks that don't belong to a particular pattern in order for pat.1 to play trk 1 without triggering the other 2 tracks and so on but that didn't solve the problem.
Can anyone help
Thx.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:In OT how to stop patterns playing simultaneously 12 Years, 6 Months ago
I tend to turn off looping in each pattern so my samples only loop when I deliberately trigger them. Otherwise it is darn confusing and hard to control. Could be that?
King Koopa
Its all about the length...
In the Playback setup page switch length to Time then set the length of the track in the Track page
Goomba
Hi smokyfrog hi tenchi
0 followed tenchi's suggestion and it worked but with a small aditional step:in the "Playback setup page" you have also to change the "Loop" parameter from "auto" to "off".0 have to confess that 0 still don't know why.With the patterns that came installed in th OT the parameters are the same as mine but they don't play simultaneously.0 only have the machine for 2weeks now and 0'm still learning.
But thanks a lot to both of you for your answers.
Go to top Post Reply