As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Soooooo Ummmmmm? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Soooooo Ummmmmm?
Boo
Soooooo Ummmmmm? 12 Years, 5 Months ago
Hopefully one of you more experienced users of the Octotrack can assist me..I've only had mine for 2 days and am not sure if there is a way araound my issue...
Is there a way to save samples you record on the fly? I sampled my kaossilator on the fly so I could have a lil bass synth in the sequence I had going. I synced it to the SD card but when I went back to open the project the bass from the kaossilator was gone! Will I need to sample all of my audio and export the wav files to the audio pool to save on the octotrack and reuse later? If that's the case it would really crush work flow and being able to sample audio and save it in the machine to use later?
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:Soooooo Ummmmmm? 12 Years, 5 Months ago
sampling time is limited. you have to save once the buffer is full.
surely you have other means to record a session?

did anyone get a confirmation from elektron that static saving is incoming at all?
Chain Chomp
Glitch.. yawn.
There is no conformation.. just a dream for now.
yep, you can save on the fly. not in front of my OT right now, but as i remember, it is:

1. make recording

2. double-click the track button for the track on which you made the recording (or any track with a flex recorder)

3. navigate up the list of flex machines to the recorder in question

4. hit FUNCTION + BANK to go to the audio editor

5. go to OPERATIONS page and save the sample.

6. depending on your customization settings, the samples will be saved in either the project folder or the audio pool.

this is very fast to to do. samples are auto-named, so you could do it in about 5 seconds!
^^ To add to this, you will need to COPY and PASTE the saved sample into either FLEX or STATIC sample list so that when you come back to it, the sample wont be in RECORDER buffers
Chain Chomp
dataline wrote:
^^ To add to this, you will need to COPY and PASTE the saved sample into either FLEX or STATIC sample list so that when you come back to it, the sample wont be in RECORDER buffers
When you power cycle after you've used the option save and automatically assign the sample will be inside the buffer unless you record on top of it.
Admin
i don't have an OT yet. I will eventually, but this seems like a huge PITA for a sampler to save what you sample on the fly. i know it's a great machine, but... really?!
Boo
Thanks for the info it's greatly appreciated...now I can start saving my samples for future mangling! Not as easy to sample and save on the fly like my SP404SX but the overall ability of the machine makesbit tolerable....not sure what you mean by PITA but yes it's a bit of a bug as is a few things about the machine but its the best and most inspiring sampler I've ever used...I hardly ever even use samples but this machine is changing my outlook on the process...it's really good
Go to top Post Reply