As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear I'm sure most Octatrack owners have seen this (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: I'm sure most Octatrack owners have seen this
Boo
I'm sure most Octatrack owners have seen this 12 Years, 6 Months ago
Have you seen and understand this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpkwuM8PkNI

If so can you explain how to get the fader to control the slices as this person did? I have watched this video and tried to replicate this soooo many times resulting in failure each time it's frustrating...I've followed the steps but I don't seem to have all of the slice marks and even when I do somehow get the slice marks the marker just bounces around inside of one slice while the others don't play? Lost...I am lol
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
Re:I'm sure most Octatrack owners have seen this 12 Years, 6 Months ago
Should be pretty straightforward. I have to question if your crossfader is tracking correctly?
If in doubt open testmode at boot and use the crossfader. You should see the trig keys light up according to crossfader movement. Otherwise I don't know what you could be doing wrong assuming you are following the guide properly.
I skipped the video a bit but something that I thought was missing was how you actually assign the crossfader to the slice number.

If it is missing from the video then this might be where you're failing.

In the Playback screen:

Hold [Scene A] and rotate the Slice knob to 1
Hold [Scene B] and rotate the Slice knob to the maximum number of slices (16?)

When you now move the fader the Slice should go from 1 to 16, left to right
Boo
Oh wow thank you so much! I'm not in front of my machine right now bbut once I get home im ddefinitely gonna try these out
And you have to activate the Slice option, double press the Playback Button, after that the Startpoint Parameter is the Slice selector...
Boo
I did the test mode and my slider works ut for some reason the instructions you provided did not work..I wish the manual was written better to be honest..
Video yourself trying to do this and post it? Might be easier to spot what you're doing wrong. It's not easy so figure out where you're tripping up from the description you give.
Go to top Post Reply