As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OT: Having trouble sampling from SRC3 set to main output (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT: Having trouble sampling from SRC3 set to main output
Goomba
Gear:
Machinedrum
Octatrack
Monomachine
Analogue Modular
Nord Modular G2 Engine
Mackie Onyx 1620i
Reaktor
Max 5
Ableton
OT: Having trouble sampling from SRC3 set to main output 12 Years, 4 Months ago
Octatrack v1.03
Has anyone a more detailed tutorial or instructions on internal sampling to a track recorder from the main outputs using a recorder trig please. I am having difficulty doing this from the instructions in the manual. I am following the manual instructions to the word but the track recorder is still empty when I am finished.

On track 1 and 2 I have a beat playing various samples
On track 3 I am setting up a flex machine.
I am setting TRACK RECORDER 3 to track 3 in that flex machine.
I open up recorder setup and highlight SRC3 and set that to main output, and set RLEN to 16.
I press [REC] and Place a recorder trig on the first trig button and press play.
The image of the reel to reel spins around and I hear sound from the main outputs, but there is nothing in the buffer of track recorder 3 when I finish.

Any pointers would be welcome.

Thanks.
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
Re:OT: Having trouble sampling from SRC3 set to main output 12 Years, 4 Months ago
Did you hold down the trigger and press the MIDI button to cause SRC3 to be highlighted in the Record Setup Screen?

By default, every trigger looks at A/B. You need to unselect A/B and select SRC 3.

Trips me up a lot when I've been away from the Octatrack for too long.
Goomba
Gear:
Machinedrum
Octatrack
Monomachine
Analogue Modular
Nord Modular G2 Engine
Mackie Onyx 1620i
Reaktor
Max 5
Ableton
Re:OT: Having trouble sampling from SRC3 set to main output 12 Years, 4 Months ago
Yes I done that. SRC3 was highlighted in the Record Setup Screen, but I didn't know you had to unselect A/B seperately. I'll try it later when I get home. Thanks
Goomba
Gear:
Machinedrum
Octatrack
Monomachine
Analogue Modular
Nord Modular G2 Engine
Mackie Onyx 1620i
Reaktor
Max 5
Ableton
I got there in the end, with a one shot recorder trig, by pressing function and holding down the trig.
Go to top Post Reply