As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Can the OT bounce/re-sample ? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Can the OT bounce/re-sample ?
Boo
Can the OT bounce/re-sample ? 12 Years, 4 Months ago
Can the OT bounce tracks / re-sample it's output?
I'd like to sample my gear with the four inputs kind of like on a multi-track, apply fx, mangle, and then bounce it all to one track, and start over again..

Pretty basic question i guess, but i can't seem to find any info mentioning this..??
  The topic has been locked.
ark
Chain Chomp
Re:Can the OT bounce/re-sample ? 12 Years, 4 Months ago
You can set any of the track recorders to record any of the track outputs or the master output.
Hero of Winds
KIKOSHO FASHO
At the moment... this is the only way I am sampling using the OT for what ever reason. Works like a charm!
Chain Chomp
Yeah but at the moment you can't bounce like a software DAW.
If only it could have bounce options. It would replace Ableton. But no at the moment the recording/assigning to slots procedure is, if not cumbersome, not what someone would expect from a forward thinking machine of this era.
Totally agree.

Decent (read: efficient workflow) bouncing will go far in overcoming the track/FX limits, and being able to overdub on top would be very handy.

Sure, all of this can be accomplished now but only with a lot of jumping between tracks, normalizing, saving, setting recorder trigs etc etc.
Chain Chomp
Yeah too much work to do that hinders creativity. these kind of features should be added and not new ones.Too bad there isnt a poll going on here for FR's
King Koopa
Yes. better workflow please.
jdn
King Koopa
The realtime / procedural nature of recording on the OT makes it more of an instrument IMO than a replica of a DAW. You definitely have to "practice" and get it down.

If your resampling is getting you down, try using a new part and pattern when you want to move on with a blank canvas and use your resampled bounce. Hope that makes sense.

J
Chain Chomp
jdn wrote:
The realtime / procedural nature of recording on the OT makes it more of an instrument IMO than a replica of a DAW. You definitely have to "practice" and get it down.

If your resampling is getting you down, try using a new part and pattern when you want to move on with a blank canvas and use your resampled bounce. Hope that makes sense.

J

That's definitely not my point here.
I know all the workarounds of OT on how to resample and use its part structure. My criticism is on how the resample works. Its too slow.
Someone might say its imminent since you have the option to instantly playback the buffers.
However at the same time there is no option to bounce an active track using a flex recorder buffer to a new a new state that's using a new sample slot(flex or static) with its fx status reseted. And I mean all these in one step and not the way that you have to do it now which is:

1)save the recorder buffer(and possibly normalize) and auto assign
2)copy the buffer to a sample slot
3) assign your track playing the buffer to the specific slot.

Too many steps involved that steal your attention.

And of course there is nothing wrong with the possibility of OT resembling a DAW. On the contrary it would be fabulous if it did!!
Go to top Post Reply