As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: New OT Lab
Yoshi
Re:New OT Lab 12 Years ago
Here we go - my first effort, a bit dark but thats what seems to happen to me

http://soundcloud.com/capjuju/octatrack-noise-science-lab

Matthew
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Great tribal feel to this Matthew!
Amanita wrote:
Here we go - my first effort, a bit dark but thats what seems to happen to me

http://soundcloud.com/capjuju/octatrack-noise-science-lab

Matthew

You guys and your kick drums! I need to go back to the drawing board on that sound - this one is tremendous

Great stuff
maass wrote:
Here is my first try. Way unbalanced but was fun recording it

http://soundcloud.com/olivermaass/oliver-maass-zion-ot-lab

Groovin' !

Question for those who've listened: are my 'mixes' a bit bright/harsh? I thought my first attempt was really dull (top end far too dampened) and I hear that slightly in this track but I'm now wondering if I'm emphasising too much high-freq content in the later two efforts?
Admin
Some great efforts here! I love the spirit of this thread, just like in the old days

Dammit Neil, I fell completely in love with "Sometimes you don't see it coming", superbly sweet little track. Download option? Pretty please?
Boo
I was supposed to have something today, but I lost 3 days doing sound design.
It's nice that the original white noise sample isn't purely random. The crypto people wouldn't approve.

Early next week for sure.
King Koopa
machinedrum sps-1 mkI
monomachine mkII
octatrack Dps-1
2x roland jx3p
roland spd-s
korg prophecy
microkorg
crumar Ds2
crumar bit one
yamaha su-10
EV-
Damn Neil Thats One awesome Track you made ,of all your music i heard i think this is the best one like the style makes me think of riuchi sakamoto first records ++++++ great work
now lets see how far the rabbit hole go's.

http://soundcloud.com/...etimes-you-dont-see-it
tjebbe wrote:
now lets see how far the rabbit hole go's

The rabbit hole on the OT is infinite - by retriggering and then resampling the Noise sample, you can achieve almost anything in the synthesiser world...I am totally blown away during this OTlab - thanks to the people who arranged it!
Game & Watch
Nils wrote:
Some great efforts here! I love the spirit of this thread, just like in the old days

Dammit Neil, I fell completely in love with "Sometimes you don't see it coming", superbly sweet little track. Download option? Pretty please?

Yep, feel the same, and the title is perfect too, very evocative, my Mrs loves it also.

Your mixes sound fine here. But if you wanted to maybe try importing them as a static and applying some EQ - still within the rules
darenager wrote:
Nils wrote:

Yep, feel the same, and the title is perfect too, very evocative, my Mrs loves it also.

Your mixes sound fine here. But if you wanted to maybe try importing them as a static and applying some EQ - still within the rules

Go to top Post Reply