As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:You can automate the crossfader!!! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:You can automate the crossfader!!!
Cappy
You can automate the crossfader!!! 12 Years ago
Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I was just looking at the midi control parameters that were added in 1.1 and noticed Crossfader - CC#48. So I plugged a midi cable into the OT's midi in and out, made sure there was no sync or transport being received, and set audio cc out and audio note out to INT (not sure if this part is necessary, but I do it anyway). Set a midi track channel to an audio track (doesn't work if set to autochannel), set a CC knob to 48, and automate/p-lock away.

You can do the same with scenes to get even crazier (scene a-cc#55,scene b-cc#56).
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Re:You can automate the crossfader!!! 12 Years ago
So epic!!! Thank you!
Admin
^ Nice!!
Game & Watch
impressive!
Cappy
.oO

if we can automate the crossfader via midi cc, then there is actually no reason that the crossfaders movement can not be recorded, or am I forgetting something?
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
Your forgetting that the crossfader itself does not send out midi..
the os in the octatrack can recieve midi, and tie it to the "crossfader" but thats more the os..

Lets say i want to sequence my octatrack from my mv8800... i can jiggle the crossfader what
i want.. but no midi-recieved.. so i gotta tie some controller to CC48.. jiggle that knob
and voila.. "crossfader movement" recorded.. but for some unknown to me reason.. the fader does not send out midi..

I am not so keen on being able to record the crossfader in a pattern itself. (that would prob just annoy me for various reasons).. but... in arranger mode.. it be great if you had a seperate
"channel" to record mutes and solos.. and another channel "to save knob movements in" and yet another one to record the crossfader...

so basicly.. you program your song.. add fx with your knobs.. add some mutes for nice dramatic buildups.. and record the movement of the crossfader to put icing on top..
as in.. build the complete song in the arranger without a sequencer next to it record that stuff that the arranger does not record..
Game & Watch
so basicly.. you program your song.. add fx with your knobs.. add some mutes for nice dramatic buildups.. and record the movement of the crossfader to put icing on top..

Then stream the output to record direct to CF card...
King Koopa
machinedrum sps-1 mkI
monomachine mkII
octatrack Dps-1
2x roland jx3p
roland spd-s
korg prophecy
microkorg
crumar Ds2
crumar bit one
yamaha su-10
EV-
Wow So This means I can use the Monomachine midi seq to control and record scene and crossfader movements and just send them to the octatrack mmm sweet this gives you infinite scene crossfader madness ! Thankz Man !

this will increase my crossfaders life span hehehe
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
darenager wrote:

Then stream the output to record direct to CF card...

oh yeah, i forgot about that.. but yeah.. good addition..
that basicly mean complete song in 1 machine without weird hacks/workarounds..
Chain Chomp
I'm gonna go try it to see, but couldn't you use a physical MIDI cable loop to use the MIDI tracks to sequence the crossfader now?
Go to top Post Reply