As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear A4 Arp p-lockable? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: A4 Arp p-lockable?
King Koopa
A4 Arp p-lockable? 11 Years, 5 Months ago
Hey guys, not received the A4 yet. Any chance you can p-lock the arp parameters? That would be positively amazing.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Re:A4 Arp p-lockable? 11 Years, 5 Months ago
From the manual it looks to be yes, and that is simply AMAZING!
Yoshi
However.............in practice it appears not. Just trying it and there is no joy. I immediately tried putting in a chord in live record - like the MnM arp but that is a no go too.
Yeah it doesn't let you p-lock the upper row (mode, speed, range, length, legato) but hopefully that will change soon.

You can lock the bottom row, which is where you set the auxiliary notes (note 2, note 3, note 4) that are offset from the base note. The base note is on the note page and there's only room for the one. So it works differently from the monomachine in that respect. I like the mnm way better too, at least so far, but it wasn't perfect either.
Game & Watch
heckadecimal wrote:
Yeah it doesn't let you p-lock the upper row (mode, speed, range, length, legato) but hopefully that will change soon.

You can lock the bottom row, which is where you set the auxiliary notes (note 2, note 3, note 4) that are offset from the base note. The base note is on the note page and there's only room for the one. So it works differently from the monomachine in that respect. I like the mnm way better too, at least so far, but it wasn't perfect either.

anselmi wrote:

What? The bit about it (mnm arp) not being perfect? I guess I always thought the note entry was a little awkward... if you have a note there, you have to hit enter/down to add a 2nd. It's actually a pretty good method, but sometimes I'll hit down meaning to octave shift and wind up there, and so on. I got used to it fast and I'm not sure I have a better idea off the top of my head, just wrote that in the moment.
Game & Watch
heckadecimal wrote:
anselmi wrote:

What? The bit about it (mnm arp) not being perfect? I guess I always thought the note entry was a little awkward... if you have a note there, you have to hit enter/down to add a 2nd. It's actually a pretty good method, but sometimes I'll hit down meaning to octave shift and wind up there, and so on. I got used to it fast and I'm not sure I have a better idea off the top of my head, just wrote that in the moment.

quite shocked for the note entry system
I expected the usual chord-in-track, then arpeggiator parameters in its own menu, like in the MnM and OT...

So the sequencer doesn´t support chords? I don´t mean voice polyphony, but chords for the arpeggiator...what´s about not overlapping? can you do this? I think so since you got legato opctions, right?
Yeah I know.

No, it's just different. It's like the sequencer is monophonic too. Then the arpeggiator (which has it's own page) has the added/aux/offset notes. As of now you can lock these, but no other arp settings.

So you can't just hold down a step button, then hit 3 keys to write to that step... you must enter the base, then go program the offsets separately.

There is legato for both note setup and arp, so you can have the arps slide around. I ahven't played around with all the combinations yet, because on the note page you can set whether the env1 and env2 are triggered... that along with the arp legato can give some interesting variety I'm sure. P-locking the arp mode, speed, etc seems kind of crucial but it's not there yet.
Game & Watch
hey, are the arpeggiator parameters available as LFOs destinations?
Not yet. It's all Osc, filter, env, amp parameters and LFO2 can modulate LFO 1.
Go to top Post Reply