As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear SAMPLE LOOP POINTS (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: SAMPLE LOOP POINTS
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Re:SAMPLE LOOP POINTS 16 Years, 3 Months ago
As mentioned in the UW MnM thread, would be great if users could upload their own looped samples to get a collection going. Since both the MnM and MD UW will be able to use very short looped samples as an 'osc'. If we can't host them here, I can likely host them on my site.

Ideas?
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
Tarekith wrote:
As mentioned in the UW MnM thread, would be great if users could upload their own looped samples to get a collection going. Since both the MnM and MD UW will be able to use very short looped samples as an 'osc'. If we can't host them here, I can likely host them on my site.

Ideas?

Of course we can host them here. Maybe we should consider a new category under 'Files' specific for this purpose. Maybe a Samples category with individual subcategories of Monomachine, UW, and Misc (not machine specific).

What do you guys think?
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
actuel wrote:
Tarekith wrote:

Ideas?

Of course we can host them here. Maybe we should consider a new category under 'Files' specific for this purpose. Maybe a Samples category with individual subcategories of Monomachine, UW, and Misc (not machine specific).

What do you guys think?

pretty good idea, but one thing:
you should have it limited only to registered users, if it's out in the open:

A) a ton of people are going to download it = bandwidth
might have some copyright problems? (if using famous synth waves)

so it's sort of a "secret"
Admin
btw ANSELMI, i emailed Elektron and put in t request for them to move the loop on/off to the 'Hold' and not the End point.

it makes more sense to me that it would be on the Hold parameter anyway. leave Start and End fully able to move throughout the sample or waveform. thus, we can start talking about true wavetables.

the Hold could work in the same way. at full '127' it plays continuous loop, less than that you'd be in single shot land.

Last Edit: 2008/01/13 05:44
Admin
New Waveforms/Samples section is up in 'Files' and only accessible to registered users.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
actuel wrote:
New Waveforms/Samples section is up in 'Files' and only accessible to registered users.

cool, I'll upload my Prophet VS waves
(they're the same as the evolver's, right?)
Game & Watch
actuel wrote:
btw ANSELMI, i emailed Elektron and put in t request for them to move the loop on/off to the 'Hold' and not the End point.

it makes more sense to me that it would be on the Hold parameter anyway. leave Start and End fully able to move throughout the sample or waveform. thus, we can start talking about true wavetables.

the Hold could work in the same way. at full '127' it plays continuous loop, less than that you'd be in single shot land.

hey, thanks for all the feedback!...great forum!

wavetables are a big synthesis resource and one that could be worked out by the user in really creative ways...

ACTUEL, about to move the LOOP ON to the HOLD parameter is an excellente move to a get a proper wavetable oscillator

i think other features have to be implemented...let´s see:

first: as the elektron user interfase is restricted to 8 parameter per page you have a limited amount of changes....maybe at the code level you have even more limitations, but i couldn´t know that, so i stay with the user interfase

second: in a good implemented wavetable oscillator you have both START + END PLAYBACK points and START + END LOOP points...whit that 4 parameters you could navigate the sample in any way you want

a simplification of this implementation is to have LOOP START POINT and LOOP LENGHT, that way you only have to modulate the start point to make the wavetable sweep

if you have just 2 parameter to control the wavetable (as in the UW) then you could take them in different ways depending of the LOOP status...if it OFF then START and END reffers to PLAYBACK and if the loop is ON they reffers to LOOP...

if this could be in the UW then we have a very capable wavetable synth...hope elektron make it in the next OS...

about the wavetable bank i think it´ss a great idea
instead of give you the gold eggs i´ll give you the chicken...

whith this really little aplication you could make 2 single cycle waves using nodes and then the program export a wav with the morphing wavetable between both waves...

http://www.xs4all.nl/~avg/tranzilon/info.html

and for a simple tutorial of what a wavetable is I made this simple graphic of an 8-frame wavetable that could help to undersand them

Last Edit: 2008/01/13 17:22
Goomba
Re:SAMPLE LOOP POINTS 16 Years, 1 Month ago
very good ideas indeed. but elektron first has to implement it for mnm ^^. i think we have to wait a lot

Last Edit: 2008/03/24 09:34
Game & Watch
well, I think it isn´t a total software revision...
the MnM UW capability is kinda different affair, I think

by keeping the loop engaged while you change the sample start and end points the wavetable issues could be easily achieved

but maybe a new machine more dedicated to that would be better...a thing with a loop lenght and loop position instead of sample start and sample end parameters...so you can sweep the wavetable keeping loop lenght intact with a single parameter change
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
hah, funny that this thread popped up!
I was just doing that last night with the MD (having two LFO's alter the sample start+end points at different speeds) and with the start+end points only one "number" a apart..

gives a very nice "weird" but rhythmy effect (if you're using "on-time/in-sync" LFO speeds
Go to top Post Reply