As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:Stylish OP-1 From Another Swedish company. (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Stylish OP-1 From Another Swedish company.
Stylish OP-1 From Another Swedish company. 15 Years, 1 Month ago
http://www.teenageengineering.com/products/op-1/

That OP-1 synth is truly lovely and adorable!

=====

At the same time I see their website, I guess it is from Sweden as the same as Elektron.
Especially when they share the same love for Japanese characters and digital feel.

...And the corp page confirmed my guess.

While they are all great and elaborate designed. I feel a little bored to look at the same kind of style again.

Maybe from ppl with some connections with Elektron?

/M.Q.
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Re:Stylish OP-1 From Another Swedish company. 15 Years, 1 Month ago
Wow, that thing looks cool.
Cappy
Morbidly self-aware and liking it.
They're responsible for the design of Elektron instruments. Jesper K is credited with industrial design in the manuals {and my favorite factory presets for the Monomachine}.

http://www.absolut.com/absolutmachines/press/visionaries
Admin
let's hope this things sees the light of day.
Rew
Chain Chomp
Huh. The OP-1 sure does look cool! I like the OLED screen.... its thin too! kinda like those small korg controllers. Will be keeping my eye on this.
Killer Beez

Yeah, pretty cool looking (looking very similar to old teenage-audio thingy, so it's been under hat for some time already). While looking good, it seems to have some cool new ideas. Built-in FM radio(!), reacts to movements and such. Very fresh approach indeed! And of course, these guys and Elektron know each other, so I'll guess there have been some brainstorming going on on each camp.
given my penchant for micro-synths & the total gorgeousness of this thing, if it ever sees the light of day, I want one. I'd say it would be a perfect partner to my trusty & beloved MnM mkII...apart from the one - increasingly more common - stumbling block : a lack of standard MIDI conns.....or, if you want to look at it another way, a lack of USB on the Mono.... I can see this happening more & more really...I'm hoping that someone soon produces the worlds 'cleverest dumb box' - a MIDI/USB converter....for those of us that dont want to fire-up a computer when using stand-alone hardware...
Game & Watch
I'm not sure how I feel about this...
Boo
xmit wrote:
given my penchant for micro-synths & the total gorgeousness of this thing, if it ever sees the light of day, I want one. I'd say it would be a perfect partner to my trusty & beloved MnM mkII...apart from the one - increasingly more common - stumbling block : a lack of standard MIDI conns.....or, if you want to look at it another way, a lack of USB on the Mono.... I can see this happening more & more really...I'm hoping that someone soon produces the worlds 'cleverest dumb box' - a MIDI/USB converter....for those of us that dont want to fire-up a computer when using stand-alone hardware...

Yeah, this is turning into a more and more common problem. I don't know anything about this, but perhaps it would be possible to run a tiny operating system on the hardware so that it could host a standard USB-MIDI converter?
Yoshi
MDUW MKII + MnM MKII + OT DPS-1
http://soundcloud.com/earsmack
I've already bugged wesen about making one of these dumb (usbmidi) boxes - he said he would put it on his list of things to do - mind you - i'm sure his list is never ending - but he would do it right!
Go to top Post Reply