As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Mistery OCTATRACK: new from Elektron? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Mistery OCTATRACK: new from Elektron?
Game & Watch
Re:Mistery OCTATRACK: new from Elektron? 14 Years, 1 Month ago

W-shizzle-O-my-R-shnizzle-D

8 tracks of the finest shiznitt!
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
[Excuse my so-so english]
SD memory card (wav export) or USB audio connection please!
8-track sequencer for external MIDI (and CV?) gear?

P-locks, LFO's, and arps, anyone? Maybe some new features like reverse and random playback? Independent step lengths per track?

I can imagine an 8-track digital recorder/looper/sampler though. It would certainly complement the MD, Mono, and the SID; a perfect computer-less setup!
Boo
[Excuse my so-so english]
glitched wrote:
I can imagine an 8-track digital recorder/looper/sampler though. It would certainly complement the MD, Mono, and the SID; a perfect computer-less setup!

Me too, but while I think everyone here would love to mix in the box (the octa I mean hehe) I find indispensable to have some kind of wav (mp3?) export or a usb connection at least.
Just to avoid the A/D conversion thru the audio interface.

As I said I'd love SD card support. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to really finish a track ITO (inside the octra) and have a wav and a 320 kbps mp3 copied to a sd or a usb pen?

Whatever.. In a couple of weeks we'll see if it's a track recorder or the usb octupus
Cappy
My money goes on something totally different. A different direction. A different tool.
Game & Watch
I'm thinking apparel.
Killer Beez
The home of Future BASF
http://soundcloud.com/ookpikk
It's a machine that gives you 8 tracks of sticker making or t-shirt printing, with cross-modulation.
Admin
tIB was here
^ would it be able to cross modulate my socks into mittens?
oh the randomness
Boo
what I'm hoping for is a XXXCSHDRRT but we're probably going to get a FFFRPPPI!!ING and then everyone who was right will be like ZZZWWWAARRW and all thoze who were wrong will be like OH ACTUALLY I'M REALLY DISAPPOINTED. Then there'll be lots of BWWAWAWAWAWA maybe even on peter kirn's 'ELECTRONIC CABBAGE SPROGGIT PSEUD'S CORNER' where the 'a new butter based USB massage enables DIY multiple dorkgasms' hook will lead into many a DEEP PENETRATIVE INSIGHT into the Oktospastik Cyclotron everyone's all be waiting for and lathered up about. BUT I WANTED A FSFSSRRRGGRLL, and I've been saying that since 2004 when the first... they moan nonetheless. Then someone will complain that it's too expensive and that anyway therez a plug wot can do all that anyway like. Cue nuclear flame festival and rotten tomato in the stocks hurling, bunion scraping, cheese rolling, caber tossing, frollicking Glastonbury mud orgy of a thread while we all save up the quids for DA TING with its 8 TRAXX of SEXX, which we can't really justify to the better halves anyway cos it's just a BOX THAT SEZ "MOOO!" (albeit repetitively), and it seems that there's no way that that could possibly be worth more than a hair sandwich, EVEN if it's set off in glorious brushed aluminium, COMEZ WITH STICKAZ and says moo REALLY LOUDLY when plugged into those expensive expansive high end tweeters in our sound proofed cave. But one thing is for certain. When we have TURBO MIDI, there ain't gonna be no USB, especially not without no stinking Sepia Officinalis CONNEXION, dig?
Go to top Post Reply