As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Machinedrum HD samples/videos (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Machinedrum HD samples/videos
Cappy
Machinedrum HD samples/videos 14 Years ago
Hello, I'm new to this forum and considering buying a Machinedrum. Problem is there is no musicstore in the neigbourhood (and beyond) that has a MD in stock.

Are there any hd samples or videos online? I have searched youtube but they are all bad quality.
The elektron site offers only 5 loops which are a bit disapointing imo.

So any links? Or anyone cares to post some md only beats?

I make "indie dance/electro" stylish music. Think of Turbo Records, Ed banger, etc. So anything in this direction would be even better.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Re:Machinedrum HD samples/videos 14 Years ago
http://www.youtube.com/elektronhq

alternatively, you could look here on the EU site for the "your music" forum.
Lots o' users like to post MD a/o MM only tracks.
Game & Watch
teledanz wrote:
I have searched youtube but they are all bad quality.
The elektron site offers only 5 loops which are a bit disapointing imo.

So any links? Or anyone cares to post some md only beats?

I make "indie dance/electro" stylish music. Think of Turbo Records, Ed banger, etc. So anything in this direction would be even better.

Umm, most of the demos you will find on youtube are from guys on this very forum, and there are plenty enough to give you a good representation of the machinedrum's sound, sure youtube is not going to give the same quality as the actual machine will in your studio, but should be enough to give you an idea of the type of sounds possible.

I'm not overly familiar with the commercial electro house/dance scene, but I don't think the MD would have any problem making those types of basic sound.
Cappy
Elektron's Soundcloud has a bunch of good-quality audio clips. You'll find the Machinedrum on there, as well as the other Elektron products.
Game & Watch
Have a listen to a recent live set by Shagghie/Highsage

http://soundcloud.com/the-high-sage/coachella-house-party-warm-up

Have you clicked on the Elektron Radio button (at right) yet?

darenager wrote:
I don't think the MD would have any problem making those types of basic sound.

+1.

Does anyone else think there should be a "Your Videos" section of Elektron-Users? This topic is coming up more and more often. It would be just like the "Your Music" section except, uhh, it would be links to videos.
Cappy
That soundcloud has a good variety, ty
King Koopa
Veets wrote:

Does anyone else think there should be a "Your Videos" section of Elektron-Users? It would be just like the "Your Music" section except, uhh, it would be links to videos.

wait, wut?
that sounds complicated.
Hammer Bro
www.soundcloud.com/highsage
Detroit Techno, from Vinyl to Live Performances and everything in between. Elektron Fanatic.
Hello to the OP! Don't even hesitate... most of us here have owned almost every 'drum machine' worth owning...but there is only one machinedrum. It is the be-all, end-all machine for both studio or live use.

This short track is 100% pure machinedrum recorded straight to tape:

http://soundcloud.com/the-high-sage/elektron-machinedrum-solo-live-pa-track-excerpt

Also, this may be extremely obvious...but as you listen, you'll hear a lot of sampled ROMs...so a MachineDrum can pretty much sound like ANY drum machine out there or like NOTHING out there on earth, too. There's a 909 hat you'll hear on that one, as well as the chord pads, and the kick as well is sampled from my FR-777. What I'd listen for is the extreme headroom and clarity of the machine...it's as good as it gets imo.

Again, WELCOME! We can't wait to hear what you come up with!
Game & Watch
Veets wrote:
Have a listen to a recent live set by Shagghie/Highsage

http://soundcloud.com/the-high-sage/coachella-house-party-warm-up

people, choice sounds, great vibe.
this mix would rock the house, vibe the club, get the people dancing.

talking of drum machines
i would also say that the Jomox 888 or 999 would be a fantastic drum machine to own, similar in spectacular vibe to the machinedrum. maybe the workflow isn't as easy, i dont know - the reason being i haven't used one, although i have to say the sound from online demo's is awesome, in their own way.

anyway the MD is my number one instrument;
i hope to make some HD videos of 5 minute mini-mixes, while mixing visuals with Grand VJ on a monitor in the studio.
Game & Watch
CrsCain wrote:
Veets wrote:

Does anyone else think there should be a "Your Videos" section of Elektron-Users? It would be just like the "Your Music" section except, uhh, it would be links to videos.

wait, wut?
that sounds complicated.

LOL
Go to top Post Reply