As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:sampling internal tracks? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:sampling internal tracks?
Boo
sampling internal tracks? 12 Years, 6 Months ago
Hello,

In the video manual sampling on the elektron site, Victor mentioned that internal tracks can be sampled as well. How can you do this?
I want to record an edited loop that is already in the OT.

Many thanks
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Re:sampling internal tracks? 12 Years, 6 Months ago
Lots more info in the text manual.

Did you get one with your machine?
King Koopa
track+ab (or cd) to enter recordscreen. encoders 1 and 2 used to disable a/b and c/d to "-" each. set "src" to the track you want to rec from (1-8, main or cue), do no forget to set lenght accordingly. trigger mode to "one". make sure you're in step rec mode. place a trig on step one, keep it pressed and plock it to src by pressing "midi" and de-plock a/b and c/d by pressing these. Now play the loop and clear rectrig when passed. choose the rec machine in the flex menue, hit track/edit and normalize the rec samlplebuffer. there are other ways but this is one of them.
Boo
Hey Robbert,

Now I know in which direction I want to go
Thanks for the advice my friend!
Boo
you can make it a one-shot trigger by holding function down and re-pressing the trigger in step record mode. If the trigger step LED turns yellow, you did it right. If you don't like the sample, simply press Yes/Enter to re-arm it for the next try.
Boo
Hey,

I'm just back & tryd to do the internal recording but with no luck.
Do I have to enter an empty track were a recorder is assigned to and set the scr to the track were I want to do my recording from? Or do I have to go the track that play & set the scr there to the track were the recording should be done. Checked the manual but I don't understand any of it.

Thx!
King Koopa
again, there are other ways but one of them:

you want to (re)sample track 1. To do what I posted last time you will: setprecmode on. hit track2, then function+a/b. deselect a/b and c/d, select src either track1 or main (have track1 routed to main). select desired lenght. hit a rectrig and keep pressed and plock midi and deplock (deselect) a/b. hit play and remove rectrig. double hit track2, select flexmachine, select recorder2, hit track2+edit to enter audioeditor and normalize sample there (you can save your trim there too and select the samlpe then but you can leave the recorder on too as long as you don't want to keep the sample permanently blablabla )
Boo
Hey Robbert,

Thank You for the magic words. It helped me really!
Go to top Post Reply