As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:note copy trick - MnM (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:note copy trick - MnM
Game & Watch
Re:note copy trick - MnM 15 Years, 2 Months ago
Thomas wrote:
..just hold the "scale" button, and press copy..
copys the page your in. With record enabled.

awesome BPM yay!
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
tIB was here
Nice one Thomas... just got home and tried this out... It works!

Everyday's a schoolday!

Is this a new thing or have I missed it for a long time?!

Wouldn't it be lovely to find out everything you thought was 'missing' from the mono was already installedand working... Thomas, how do I do different pattern lengths, swing setting and reverses?

EDIT: I think I already know the answer to this... buy a schritty!
Admin
tIB was here
^ On the subject of boutique sequencers there's a notron on the bay at the mo...
Chain Chomp
With some creative use of the arp, you can get something that sounds pretty similar to different pattern lengths. Use SID mode on the arp. Set a trigger on the first step of the second page. 16-32, and after the arp is trigged, you switch to 16 step mode. The arp will then run. You got to change the arp length to something odd, like 3 steps or what you want. Can give some random effects. Also try setting the speed of the arp pretty fast, and and just enable step 1-5-9etc, then add some in between. Alot of fun.

One other thing you can try to get a kind of swing function is ARP in Sid mode again. Fast speed. Turn of the first step, and set the next step to +1. Turn of the rest of the steps. If you then enter a chord in the sequencer with the note you want to hear as the first, and one below. Then you will just hear the note with a slight delay. Can be used as a kind of swing effect.

Hope you understood this. Just writing from the top of my head here. At work, so cant double check on my MNM.
Game & Watch
Thomas wrote:
Use SID mode on the arp. Set a trigger on the first step of the second page. 16-32, and after the arp is trigged, you switch to 16 step mode. The arp will then run. You got to change the arp length to something odd, like 3 steps or what you want. Can give some random effects.

cool.. will try this, although can i ask, how come to set trigger on the first step of the second page..
is the reason: not trigger again when the Pattern length is set to one page rather than two?
Admin
tIB was here
Thomas wrote:
With some creative use of the arp, you can get something that sounds pretty similar to different pattern lengths. Use SID mode on the arp. Set a trigger on the first step of the second page. 16-32, and after the arp is trigged, you switch to 16 step mode. The arp will then run. You got to change the arp length to something odd, like 3 steps or what you want. Can give some random effects. Also try setting the speed of the arp pretty fast, and and just enable step 1-5-9etc, then add some in between. Alot of fun.

One other thing you can try to get a kind of swing function is ARP in Sid mode again. Fast speed. Turn of the first step, and set the next step to +1. Turn of the rest of the steps. If you then enter a chord in the sequencer with the note you want to hear as the first, and one below. Then you will just hear the note with a slight delay. Can be used as a kind of swing effect.

Hope you understood this. Just writing from the top of my head here. At work, so cant double check on my MNM.

Nice one Thomas, was thinking the arp recently for polyryth stuff but have not tried it yet; thanks for the run through, should make that afternoon a lot easier.
Chain Chomp
previewlounge: Yeah, thats the idea. It can be a bit tricky when muting, unmuting tracks.

Regarding the swing trick. I tested what i wrote last night, and it didnt work exactly the way i wanted. But if you set the arp to key mode, fastest speed. (1x) And only a trig on step one, and 9, it will have something like 65% swing. If you set the second trig on step 8, it will have something like 58%. On step 6, it has no swing. (50%) This way you can also have a lower swing than 50%.

Ill post a demo showing how how this works in a couple of days.
Go to top Post Reply